The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wham bam thank you Stam
Old 4 weeks ago
Wham bam thank you Stam

This is a positive thread without any discussion.
Please don’t let us know how long you’ve been waiting for your product.
And please don’t let us know what you think of this thread,
We just want to know who received their Stam Audio products and how many.
If everyone including myself can kindly take 1 minute to say what they received from Stam Audio specifically and how many units, we would truly appreciate it.
Feel free to add a photo with your description if you want to.
Thank you fellow Gearslutz.
Attached Thumbnails
Wham bam thank you Stam-4-baby.jpg  

Last edited by Derek Reese; 2 weeks ago at 01:41 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
2 1073EQ's
sowter outputs and Line inputs.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

"This is a postive thread, without any discussion".
^^^
But this is Gearslutz! Where do you think you are...Sound On Sound?
Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
"This is a postive thread, without any discussion".
^^^
But this is Gearslutz! Where do you think you are...Sound On Sound?
Chris
Did you receive any Stam gear ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No Derek, I was just kidding around.
BTW I was one of the first 50 or so members here originally, over 15 years ago.

So...

I like that you started a "positive thread" though.
Chris

P.S. I know Stam makes great stuff!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
No Derek, I was just kidding around.
BTW I was one of the first 50 or so members here originally, over 15 years ago.

So...

I like that you started a "positive thread" though.
Chris

P.S. I know Stam makes great stuff!
First 50, your royalty then !!!!!
Wow that’s impressive:-)
Awesome, it’s important to have a sense of humor brother ;-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I've got an SA-73, SA-76ADG, and SA-2A with two 1073EQs hopefully shipping soon. Dig them all.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I didn't realize I could start a thread with its own set of rules. Not that I would.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I didn't realize I could start a thread with its own set of rules. Not that I would.
I’ve seen it attempted.. the wheels don’t typically stay on the bus too long... especially with a company with a colorful reputation...

... but, kudos for the effort!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

SA-2A
Btw, it’s crazy good!
Super thrilled with it.

Last edited by AuldLangSine; 4 weeks ago at 07:03 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
So you joined in for what purpose?
If you didn’t order a Stam piece, whay comment when I kindly said, this is not a discussion?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I’ve seen it attempted.. the wheels don’t typically stay on the bus too long... especially with a company with a colorful reputation...

... but, kudos for the effort!
Another one, I guess people can’t help themselves?
Just add what you received and save the talk for another thread.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Woah woah... those last two posts don't contain a list of gear purchased. And its verging suspiciously on the cusp of discussion. Am I the only around here that cares about the rules? Won't someone please think of the children?!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
Am I the only around here that cares about the rules?
Actually, even though certain mods tend to warn people away from taking on the role of moderator themselves, there doesn't seem to be anything in the "official rules" actually forbidding it. So if our OP wants to scold people who post about things other than their lists of Stam products, he can. A weird precedent, but here we are.
Old 4 weeks ago
Come on guys, I thought it would be helpful that’s all.
I would check this thread out if I was considering buying gear from Stam ?
But you both are right, here we have it, I am now in a discussion lol
Maybe this was a silly idea now that I think of it.
I thought folks would just let others know what they got, but....
I guess my thread was dumb.
Anyway no harm, I meant no disrespect to anyone, that’s the trouble with typing, you can’t hear the intention behind the words.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

We, the "Party Crashers", just like to be somehow included too! Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

i'm curious about what value there is in a list of purchased gear if discussion of said gear is discouraged. i know this comment sounds snide (and that's not how i mean it) but I honestly don't get it. If I was looking to buy Stam gear a list without any discussion wouldn't be too helpful. I would want to know about people's experiences with the gear and the company.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
i'm curious about what value there is in a list of purchased gear if discussion of said gear is discouraged. i know this comment sounds snide (and that's not how i mean it) but I honestly don't get it. If I was looking to buy Stam gear a list without any discussion wouldn't be too helpful. I would want to know about people's experiences with the gear and the company.
And there you have it, he is right
I just thought it might be cool to have a count
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
We just want to know who received their Stam Audio products and how many.
If everyone including myself can kindly take 1 minute to say what they received from Stam Audio specifically and how many units, we would truly appreciate it.

I would like to know who is 'we' ?

Do you work for the company ?
It sounds like you do.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Stam Sa-67. And I have just ordered a Sa-47.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I’m just going to state my opinion because if I was considering buying Stam gear I would want the whole picture not just a list of gear purchased, that doesn’t really help anyone. I have a SA-4000 and love it. Use it on every mix and believe it does a better job than any plugin I have that I have used on mix bus. I put an order in in February and received the unit in November so I feel I went through the typical Stam experience but as of now, no one should expect anything different with all the comments on timing. You have to factor that into your decision to purchase. They provide an excellent return for the money but you will have to wait and be patient. That said, I cannot wait to purchase more gear from them, specially the 1176, 1073, and LA-2A. I have heard nothing but postitive reviews for the sound and quality. Just saving up and looking on the used market atm.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

SA-4000
(sold it)

SA-67
(sent it back)

SA-2A
(canceled my order)

Last edited by swafford; 4 weeks ago at 11:22 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
I ordered a SA-47, SA-87 and Stamchild last June (2018). Got the two mic’s in February or so. They are both remarkable microphones and great deals. The SA-87 is considerably better than the 87ai that I was using before, despite being 1/3 the price ($699).

Cancelled the Stamchild, though. Way too long a wait with continually shifting ETA’s. It’s a bit of a headache getting Stam gear. If they had stuff in stock to order I would get other pieces, but I’m not cool with the process at the moment. The gear itself is top notch.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Received a pair of 1176 ADG's a few weeks ago, long wait but worth it. Still waiting on a 4000 MKll but Josh recently contacted me about it so I'm thinking it will be coming soon
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'm tired of seeing you in all the threads without having anything to add.
Do you have nothing better to do or do you try to win the title as the one with the most posts?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
I ordered a SA-47, SA-87 and Stamchild last June (2018). Got the two mic’s in February or so. They are both remarkable microphones and great deals. The SA-87 is considerably better than the 87ai that I was using before, despite being 1/3 the price ($699).

Cancelled the Stamchild, though. Way too long a wait with continually shifting ETA’s. It’s a bit of a headache getting Stam gear. If they had stuff in stock to order I would get other pieces, but I’m not cool with the process at the moment. The gear itself is top notch.
I've seen pictures recently of a mess of Stamchilds on the workbench, you may have cancelled a little too soon
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
SA-4000
(sold it)

SA-67
(sent it back)

SA-2A
(canceled my order)
aaaaa, I was wondering how long it would take for my friend to show up here

Hours I see

Thanks for your wonderful input as always, one of the few cases where I am actually happy for somebody to not own my work and certainly hope for that to remain the same, I am sure you do as well.

One of the biggest engineers in the world uses that SA2A you cancelled by by the way, you know him very well, I quote him : "We are using the Stam Audio LA 2a on quite a few of our mixes when I need a smooth back buss compressor for vocals and it does work extremely well!! Looking forward to hearing and using more of your mics,limiters,compressors etc as they become available."
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
One of the biggest engineers in the world uses that SA2A you cancelled by by the way
A lot of 'big engineers' also use Behringer , TL Audio etc.
I think you are completely missing the point of what is being said here.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Banks View Post
I would like to know who is 'we' ?

Do you work for the company ?
It sounds like you do.
we means all of us, me, you, cousin Frankie etc.
I don't work for Stam, but i wish i did, they are a great bunch of people !
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofool View Post
I'm tired of seeing you in all the threads without having anything to add.
Put me on "Ignore" and then you won't.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search