The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Eq, comp & effects hardware on a budget
Old 3rd June 2019
Here for the gear

Eq, comp & effects hardware on a budget

Hi Guys,
I'm currently using my effects from the studio to the live racks and I don't want to move them back and forth anymore.
So, the Lexison M200 X 2 are for Synths and Main Reverb on the main Mix, the TC M-One XL in for synths as well...
What could I buy to get the same in the studio? Should I buy the same ones, even the M300 or M400 for the studio or is there is some old classic that would be way better....I Heard about the Ensoniq DP4, the Lexicn PCM 70 and 80 but are they worth it?
What would be the next step in term of budget to get a better sound in the studio compared to the sound I get live and in the studio with the effects mentioned above?

Next question, for studio again, but for Compressor:
I have the Chameleon Labs Stereo Comp 7720, that I use on Drums Bus and Main Bus, but I don't have any other compressor, besides the ones on the Preamps that I have and that I use mainly for tracking : UA LA610 MKII, MXL mpa-01 and JOEMEEK Q two (Well, I have a DBX1066 that is for Kcik and Snare...it will stay in the live rack...)
So, which Compressor I should buy, being not crazy expensive that could be used for tacking, mixing AND mastering....I know, I ask a lot!!!!

Same question but with EQ:
The only EQ that I have are the ones on the Chameleon Labs Preamp 7602, the ones on the UA LA610 MKII and the ones on the JOEMEEK Q two....
So, I was thinking to buy the Warm Audio clone of the classic EQP 1, the EQP-W, 2 units to use them on the main insert as well as more classic general EQ.

So, you understood, I'm trying to upgrade a bit my main hardware in the studio but I do that for fun so, I don't want to break the bank and I could buy used....The M-One XL and the M200 Lexicon were bought second hands...
Let me know
Sncerely

Last edited by QUAI34; 3rd June 2019 at 02:25 AM.. Reason: Adding more infos
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So, anyone with an opinion on my questions? I searched a bit more and came to the conclusion that:
TC Elctronic M3000
Lexicon PCM70 and/or PCM96
For Reverb,
Art audio Pro VLA tube compressor and new Art audio Pro Fet transistor
could be good ones for me to improve my gear....
Let me know
Sincerely
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Are you working on a DAW? If you're not, why?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search