The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
These LEDs make the noise. How to solve it?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

These LEDs make the noise. How to solve it?

I got a pair of these: https://www.amazon.de/GLIME-Lichtban...ateway&sr=8-29

The problem?

They simply make the buzzing noise on my recording. Apparently they turn out to work as an antenna lol.

So how could one solve it? Keep in mind it has a remote control with changeable colors and etc.

Is there a solution that would still allow me to use the remote control ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Priorities - Colored light or colored sound. Likely no easy way to make a noisy LED device not noisy.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBHan View Post
Priorities - Colored light or colored sound. Likely no easy way to make a noisy LED device not noisy.
hehehe I really need them since I'm being recorded on the video as well and background is very important.. very....

Wish there was some way around
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
. Apparently they turn out to work as an antenna lol.

So how could one solve it? Keep in mind it has a remote control with changeable colors and etc.
hehehe I really need them since I'm being recorded on the video as well and background is very important.. very....

Wish there was some way around
If that is true, then you need to get colored lights that do not use LED's in your situation

That said, i have the Chauvet Colorstrip that uses hundreds of LEDs in the studio and it doesn't make noise.

So maybe make sure all your cables are the right ones for each in and output, like balanced and make sure all shields int he cables are in working order and not damaged
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I'm intrigued.

Do these LED's only emit RF (assuming) when they're lit? Does more LED's equal more noise? Is the noise in a single LED simply on/off, or does it track voltage changes?

Can you post an audio clip?

Could be a Lemonade Moment.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I'm intrigued.

Do these LED's only emit RF (assuming) when they're lit? Does more LED's equal more noise? Is the noise in a single LED simply on/off, or does it track voltage changes?

yes of course I willl post as soon as i am home

Old 3 weeks ago
Maybe the fact that they have remote controls is why. They also have dimming so that could be a noise contributer. Not sure as I have similar ones in two rooms but they are on different circuits than the audio. No noise here but I have heard these give people some issues.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Cheap LED dimming circuitry is notoriously noisy. You could try plugging the lighting into an outlet that is on a different electrical phase from your audio gear. No guarantees, however.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murky Waters View Post
Cheap LED dimming circuitry is notoriously noisy..
This!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
And where, exactly, is the buzz being picked up? Are you recording a stereo mix or multiple tracks? Is the noise on all tracks? Some tracks only?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

This is why film and video are always shot with a temp track and sound dubbed in later or shot and synced (lip sync) to audio. All the stuff needed to make a video gets in the way of all the stuff needed to capture good audio.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Turn them off while you're tracking.
Problem solved.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

'Room treatment'....... lights and controls on the outside, recording gear inside......
Faraday Cage
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I had to use an electrical circuit that was separate from my audio gear. Surgex was no help if it was on the same circuit. It took an extension cable to reach another outlet on a separate circuit but fully resolved the issue for my recording space.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I'm intrigued.

Hello here I have it...

Also yes I was somewhat late with posting it, sorry had a busy week and girlfriend is still giving me a whole lot trouble for turning our living room into a studio....

I was quite far away from the mic and the noise level is low anyway so i digitally increased the gain so you can hear the noise change and my voice loudly.
Attached Files

Noise with LED lights.mp3 (1.57 MB, 77 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search