The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME Fireface UC vs Audient ID22/ASP800
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
RME Fireface UC vs Audient ID22/ASP800

I have an ID22 and a separate ASP800 unit. I'm very happy with them, but I need more outputs for reamping and outboard processing, and so I'm thinking about buying a single unit with 6-8 outs and 6-8 ins which are enough for my use case.

I was looking at RME Fireface. Would this be an upgrade in terms of sound quality to my Audient? I really dig the ASP800 preamps, and to my ears they are already pretty great. Especially compared to something like cheap Focusrite or M-Audio etc.

I do lots of A/D and D/A during outboard processing and while I cannot spend thousands of EUR on some mastering grade interface I'm still wondering if the RME is an upgrade in that sense.

What do you think?

Of course I'd take any other suggestions as an upgrade to my Audients with 6-8 outs and 6-8 ins in the 1000 EUR price range.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Bump
Old 4 weeks ago
I have no expierence with Audient, but I can say that the Fireface UC is one of the most trusted parts of my set-up. Great sound, flexible routing and amazing driver support.
Old 4 weeks ago
I used to use the UC...fantastic bit of kit. I've since upgraded to the Rme Fireface UFX II...which is even better.

Last edited by hello people; 4 weeks ago at 11:44 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Soundwise, i doubt it will make a huge difference. I went from a iD22 to a Fireface 802, and i did not notice any big change in sound. Which i did not mind, as i was pleased with the Audient conversion.

Stability and features however, is a different story. IME, RME stands above most when it comes to driver stability, and TotalMix is extremely flexible.
Old 3 weeks ago
I have used different converters in the past, although not the Audient. I use a RME UFX with a UCX as ADAT (had the UCX for 6 years before upgrading to the UFX and kept it) and I have to say it just works. Never had to reboot it, never had weird glitches. I never had that luxury with other converters that I used on other systems than mine. They "might" sound a bit different, but I think RME is first class when it comes to sound and performance.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search