The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I think it's time for me to buy a preamp
Old 20th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCreation View Post
I found the Ma5 500 series preamp really fattened up my tones and gave me more confidence with vocals, love the boost on it, You do need a high quality AD. DA converter either Apollo twin or apogee, Apollo twin does have some great plugins the mic pres on those are very sterile but conversion great Apollo Neve preamp plugin is very good but overall I was. blown away. by avedis ma5 and always go back to that
I have MA5s. I also have a Twin with the Neve plugins.

I’d usually be using the MA5 since the main studio runs hdx not Apollo. But was doing some location recording yesterday on the Twin, and it sounded great. If you can’t get warm and fat on something like that, an MA5 isn’t going to save you.

Actually, if you can’t get warm and fat on an SSL desk pre, you’re probably only going to get slightly warmer /fatter on any other pre. Start off by recording a warm and fat source.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search