The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
70s Vintage Panasonic Condenser Microphone
Old 2nd May 2019
Here for the gear

70s Vintage Panasonic Condenser Microphone

Hi there,

Anybody got any information about 1970s Vintage Panasonic Condenser Microphones ? Are they any good ?

There seems to be little to no info on the internet about them... I may consider buying one, but it is really hard to make a choice without any knowledge about the mic...

Here is a link :

https://reverb.com/item/22751269-197...37p-rival-no-1

Thank in advance,

Lionel
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Lionel,

I was wondering the same thing about that mic. I can say that years ago, I went through a Japanese mic period. I bought up pretty much the whole Sony canon, as well as high-quality copies of American mics by Toshiba, etc. And a good majority were from vintagemiclover. Not once was I disappointed with a mic I bought from him. At $450, and what I’m guessing is a very nice Japanese made capsule, I doubt it sounds bad, and may very well sound excellent. I think it’s worth a gamble - as in, I may buy it if you don’t.

Best,

I.A. Newhart
Old 4 weeks ago
7+1
Lives for gear

Ive used two like it on toms before. About 12 years ago. They are very punchy sounding and held level nice. I never saw them again until this posting.

Id say go for it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7+1 View Post
Ive used two like it on toms before. About 12 years ago. They are very punchy sounding and held level nice. I never saw them again until this posting.

Id say go for it.
Good to hear, Marc. Thanks for the info. I don’t need them, but I might buy (if the OP doesn’t) just because I like Japanese mics. They all may sound different, but after a while you can tell they’re Japanese. I couldn’t tell you what that sound is, just that you know a good Japanese mic when you hear one. Even middle-grade stuff like a Sony C-450 sound great. Maybe I’ll sleep on it.

Best,

I.A. Newhart
Old 4 weeks ago
7+1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.A. Newhart View Post
Good to hear, Marc. Thanks for the info. I don’t need them, but I might buy (if the OP doesn’t) just because I like Japanese mics. They all may sound different, but after a while you can tell they’re Japanese. I couldn’t tell you what that sound is, just that you know a good Japanese mic when you hear one. Even middle-grade stuff like a Sony C-450 sound great. Maybe I’ll sleep on it.

Best,

I.A. Newhart
I think you found your answer. Character wins all.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search