The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hot Rod Deluxe vs. Hot Rod DeVille for recording (1x12” vs 2x12”)
Old 28th May 2007
Gear Maniac

Hot Rod Deluxe vs. Hot Rod DeVille for recording (1x12” vs 2x12”)

Hi all

I’ve been playing this morning with a Hot Rod Deluxe (1x12”) and a Hot Rod DeVille (2x12”) side by side. The sounds were similar but with the DeVille giving a bigger sound with more bass (listening 2 or 3 feet away)

And the question is: In a recording scenario where we use just one mic in just one cone in exactly the same way with both amps, would we obtain that same difference in sound or it would be reduced or cancelled because the mic is “hearing the same”, a single 12”?

Thanks
Old 3rd June 2007
Gear Maniac

Old 4th June 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman View Post
Hi all

I’ve been playing this morning with a Hot Rod Deluxe (1x12”) and a Hot Rod DeVille (2x12”) side by side. The sounds were similar but with the DeVille giving a bigger sound with more bass (listening 2 or 3 feet away)

And the question is: In a recording scenario where we use just one mic in just one cone in exactly the same way with both amps, would we obtain that same difference in sound or it would be reduced or cancelled because the mic is “hearing the same”, a single 12”?

Thanks
I own every fender Hot Rod out and everyone one them give a different sound, close and far miced. The best thing to do is try out each one and find the right sound for the song.

Glenn
Old 17th July 2007
Lives for gear

I just got my Deville 2x12 and this thing is LOUD and just what the Dr. ordered for me to record. I can't wait to take it through the paces. I will post mp3's when I test it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search