The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advanced Audio vs Weissklang vs Lewitt? Condenser Microphones
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Advanced Audio vs Weissklang vs Lewitt?

Looking at picking up a decent mic to record FEMALE LEAD VOCALS (only).

Weissklang V17 gets some very nice accolades buy the 2 people here who own them.......and I respect their opinions, BUT, I that is not a huge number of users...which also suggests perhaps resale value will not be great on this (if by chance it doe not work out for me).

Advanced audio seems to make some really nice stuff.....mainly great reviews, lots of big studios/names/productions using their gear...PLUS they are fellow Canucks!

Lewitt is getting some heaping praises by the studio fellow I am looking at buying the V17 or Lewitt from.....he really likes them.

So, any guidence from this forum full og knowledgeable experts would really help me here.....I do not have money to burn, so I want ONE mic to work with and something that I am not always saying....gee, is this really good enough, or doing justice to the Magnificent Voice I am recording???
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

ANYONE care to give any info? I need to call the guys and say yes or no to a mic real soon. Thanks!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

One guys opinion: I needed a mic for female vocals only - I bought an AA CM12se and it does exactly what I needed it to do.

I tried it on a few other sources (acoustic, drum OH) and it's not suited as well for those IMO - but for female vox, it is exactly what I wanted. Well worth it.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by los marbles View Post
One guys opinion: I needed a mic for female vocals only - I bought an AA CM12se and it does exactly what I needed it to do.

I tried it on a few other sources (acoustic, drum OH) and it's not suited as well for those IMO - but for female vox, it is exactly what I wanted. Well worth it.
Thank you.

I am looking for exactly that....recording Female Lead Vocals.

I have a stack of mics to record guitars.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mike View Post
Weissklang V17 gets some very nice accolades buy the 2 people here who own them.......and I respect their opinions, BUT, I that is not a huge number of users...
There are many more users here on GS that I got to know by and by.
Normal people like you and me.
The thing is, that people tend to spread out their word with hyped products.
"Oh yeah, look what I got, it's soooo good and it costs only..."

Weissklang users (and I think that I'm speaking for the majority of the WK users)
want to get their things done. In my case, when I record I don't think "Oh listen to this mic and that mic" and "Oh I have to tell it to the world, listen to this mic!!!".

At the end of the day I want to deliver the mixdown in order to earn my living. And the V17 is a reliable tool, with which you can get your things done. Not more, not less.

Last edited by georgehenderson; 4 hours ago at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search