The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland JX3P Xvive mn3009 reissue test-drive Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
Roland JX3P Xvive mn3009 reissue test-drive

Hi all,
I just finished installing Xvives reissued mn3009 chips in my jx3p, and just wanted to post a little test chord with and without chorus here to see what you slutz think of the tone and noise-level of the new chips.

Im posting two files here, both play a chord of the jx3p preset "filter flow" first without, then with chorus.
The only difference between the two files is that one is recorded with jx3p's level set to "m", the other with level set to "h".
I did this because I've been suspecting that setting the jx3p level to "h" would boost chorus noise level more than the general boost in signal level. For whatever reason. Just a conspiracy theory of mine. :-)

Other than that its just the jx3p straight into my Apogee Ensemble and Logic without anything else added.
The jx3p's volume is turned all the way up. The "m" recording has been boosted by the Apogee preamps, so the levels are relatively similar.

So what do you think? Noise-level acceptable? (You should be able to hear the chorus noise kick in between the two chords in each file.)
Any difference between "m" and "h"?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Seems fine to me

Anything is better than old dying hiss chorus sounds. I have an Alpha Juno that I think takes the same chip. Is it easy enough to desolder yourself?

As far as I know there are no alternatives. I read here about Juno 106 swapping a few parts to alter the rate with a related chorus chip so that would give the same effect as MN3009. This seems easiest though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search