The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for QUICK used i7 DAW system barebones?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Looking for QUICK used i7 DAW system barebones?

Hi,

For some reason, in short order -all- my bespoke DAW machines have been dropping like flies. And I have decided that I am SICK of building new PCs. All the ones I have which have died are Haswells and they have been just fine for my needs. I use the integrated video so no need for gamer video card or any other fluff. What kept me stuck with these was that I had a whole bunch of old UAD cards with old PCI cards and I'm kinda done with those too.

So what I'm wondering is this:

I'm in Seattle area (if that matters) Is there a reputable place I can get a used barebones machine, with i7/Mobo/PSU/RAM for a couple hundred bucks and I just pop in my SSDs and HDs, re-install Windows and go? Don't care if it's used or refurbished so long as it's a reputable place.

The ONLY caveat is that it -has- to have at least ONE of the original old school PCI card slots because I've got RME 9652 cards.

Thoughts? Sources? I want to get something going like TOMORROW. Just sick of screwing around with getting replacement mobos and all that.

TIA,

---JC
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Running an i7 myself. Built from scratch barebones with onboard graphics. PCI is going to be a problem for you. It was for me, so I sold the 9652.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search