The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Flickinger Console Tech interested to fly To Taipei
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Flickinger Console Tech interested to fly To Taipei

Hi there

I have recently purchased the Flickinger said to be out of Muscle Shoals studio from a friend in CA. Its now in my studio in Taipei Taiwan awaiting for a going through and a patch bay rewire before going into a new mix room that I will build here in the next few months. It does pass signal and I can get sound to go through the main outputs, just no monitor outs so far. Also I know of one channel that has seemingly shorted out and burnt many of the components on one channel. Otherwise most channels are looking pretty good, but I am still sorting out what things are in need of repair. I was not able to use and or test the console before the purchase, and therefore have little knowledge so far about how to repair and put it back to original. I have been in touch with a few very competent techs in the US who have been very helpful with information about the desk, but so far they are too busy to come here to help with the repair. The Tech I have here in Taipei seems not so interested to go through it without any documentation. I am not looking for a total restore, but rather a good solid going through and repair. I plan to do the patch bay my self, and could do any other wiring if I knew what went where. Its just that the wiring has been pretty hacked up over the years, and for me too difficult to understand. I am looking for someone who would be interested to come over and spend a few weeks going through the desk, getting the master section all functioning correctly, getting all the relays back up, then start going through channel by channel. Then hopefully give my tech here an understanding of how it all flows. It maybe crazy to think it would just take a few weeks for that, but I do think if someone is experienced with this desk it might can go pretty quickly. I have a bunch of pictures in this folder below. If anyone might be interested to talk about this please get in touch!

Flickinger photos – Google Drive

Thanks much

Andy Baker
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Wow good luck..... I am most definitely not the qualified person. I hope u find one.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Good luck! I wish I was more tech savvy, I spent all of high school in Taiwan and would love to come over and help out. @stevep might have some insight into some Asian area techs that could help you out.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
Good luck! I wish I was more tech savvy, I spent all of high school in Taiwan and would love to come over and help out. @stevep might have some insight into some Asian area techs that could help you out.
Sure I would love to help out in anyway I can. Just message me if you have any questions.

Steve
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi Steve

I just had a quick look at your website, would love to talk to about the console repair. Maybe we could use Facebook to communicate?

Andy Baker | Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
Sure I would love to help out in anyway I can. Just message me if you have any questions.

Steve
Old 1 week ago
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybaker28 View Post
Hi Steve

I just had a quick look at your website, would love to talk to about the console repair. Maybe we could use Facebook to communicate?

Andy Baker | Facebook
sent friend request

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search