The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Extending outputs with zen studio for summing
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Addict

Extending outputs with zen studio for summing

Greetings

I have used the zen studio as my main interface for quite some time and love it.

Over the years my workflow and needs have changed a bit that may have made a different interface a better solution. Nonetheless, I'm trying to look at all options to get most out of my gear and could use a bit of help.

In mixdown I use a lot of outboard gear, sum with the burl Vancouver, use outboard bus processing, then go into lynx converters.

My zen studio has 8 outputs so I'm not getting the most out of my burl.

I've gotten a bit creative, using the monitor outs, and headphone outs to gain another 6 channels.

What would you say is the most affordable, high quality method of adding additional channels using this interface? I could utilize the additional outputs via spdif. Anything else?

I think the selling of the zen and purchase of something like an Orion 32 would obviously be one option.. and that is in my back pocket but I'd rather look at all angles first.

Thanks in advance for the info

Last edited by nmrecording; 21st March 2019 at 02:54 PM..
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Addict

Can someone vouch for the
Arturia audiofuse 8pre?

I'm not trying to spend a huge amount but dont want to sacrifice quality so trying to find a sweet spot here.

Basicslly looking for Any high quality 8 channel unit with adat input and analog outputs ..
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Addict

Update: may pick up an apogee da16x.

If anyone has better suggestion stop me

Final update: got ferrofish pulse 16. Seems to best best option for something under 2k.

If anyone else is seeing this thread.. good luck all the ones I managed to find on this subject were super dated so I had to go down a deep rabbit hole to compare and contrast best options for 2018/19.

Last edited by nmrecording; 22nd March 2019 at 03:56 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search