The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Monitor controller (different speaker/different input)
Old 20th March 2019
Here for the gear

Monitor controller (different speaker/different input)

I wanna have a monitor controller that uses different inputs for different speakers.

To explain:
If I press speaker 1, I want the monitor controller to use input 1 and when I press speaker 2, I want it to use input 2.
I want this to be auto. So I just have to press which speaker to use I don'y manually wanna change the input.

Any ideas?
/S
Old 20th March 2019
Deleted c0657d7
I fear that you're not going to find such a feature in a monitor controller, since they're designed with just ONE input circuit that, by selection, will accept either input.
For your requirement, the controller should, at least, have two or more complete input circuits that can run simultaneous inputs, which most/all can't/don't.
And besides that, there would have to be a kind of matrix to preset the connection of an input to the desired output, so you don't need to select the input each time.

What you want to achieve can however be done with a simple 4-pole switch between the source outputs and speakers.
source 1 is wired to speakerset 1 and source 2 to speakerset 2, with the switch inserted in the positive lead wire to each speaker, in such a way that one position of the switch will disrupt/open the connection to the one speakerset, while allowing the connection to the other set to continue, and vice versa.
So, by each position of the switch one of both speakerssets will be muted.

That's all I could come up with, but I hope it is still may be helpful in some way.

Success.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

There are several monitor controllers that allow for multiple inputs and multiple outputs, with a button press to select the source and destination independently. Using two fingers simultaneously will do what you describe. The SPL Control 2 and the Coleman Audio M3PH are but two worthy of consideration.
Old 20th March 2019
Deleted c0657d7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murky Waters View Post
There are several monitor controllers that allow for multiple inputs and multiple outputs, with a button press to select the source and destination independently. Using two fingers simultaneously will do what you describe. The SPL Control 2 and the Coleman Audio M3PH are but two worthy of consideration.
Most, if not all, monitor controllers allow for multiple source and destination selection independently; I understood that that is exactly what he did not want.
He just wants to press ONE button.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search