The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dynacord DRP 20 Midi problem
Old 7th March 2019
Here for the gear
Dynacord DRP 20 Midi problem

Hi all!
I'm an owner of a white faced Dynacord DRP 20 with Firmware version 2.2. I'ts a great vintage reverb with a big sound and I'm using it mostly for real time synthesizer performaces. Because of this I recently started looking up its Midi capabilities and to my dissapointment there seems to several Midi-parameters missing in the menus.
I have read the manuals and googled but it's hard to find any relevant information because of this box age and rarity.
I know there are some of you who own the DRP 20 here on Gearslutz so I give it a try to ask if any of you know anything about this issues.

When pushing the MIDI button on the fronpanel I only get access to two parameters; "MIDI-CONTROL" and "MIDI TO DRP CONV.".
The same happens when pushing the MIDI button in PARAM mode. I can't find any options to map any effects parameters at all.

In MIDI MONITOR mode I can see that the DRP20 recieves Midi signals but I cant get it to affect anything.

To me it seems like there are options missing that should be there according to the manual. How could this be? Bad memory? Old firmware?

Any help is highly appreciated!

/Johan
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi Johan,

please take the instructionmanaul chapter 12 MIDI:
and there => chapter 12.1 => GENERAL OPERATION, as example.

If the push buttons do not work, it is possible that these are corroded inside.
Then you have to press the buttons a couple of times in succession. But not too tight!
Or you clean the buttons from the inside. But that will be difficult. (maybe you give the drp 20 to a technician...)
It works in any case according to the manual.

regards
René

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search