The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dual Mic Clip for SM57 and R121
Old 4th March 2019
  #1
Gear Nut
Dual Mic Clip for SM57 and R121

Hey guys. Looking to purchase a dual mic clip for the Shure SM57 and the Royer R121 so I can use one mic stand when using 2 mics on a guitar cab. Ive seen these clips before, but am having trouble finding them again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 5th March 2019
  #2
Old 5th March 2019
  #3
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool135 View Post
Hey guys. Looking to purchase a dual mic clip for the Shure SM57 and the Royer R121 so I can use one mic stand when using 2 mics on a guitar cab. Ive seen these clips before, but am having trouble finding them again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
I use an adjustable stereo bar if you have one of those laying around you're not using.
Old 5th March 2019
  #4
Gear Nut
Looking for something similar to this...
Attached Images
Dual Mic Clip for SM57 and R121-x-clip.jpg 
Old 5th March 2019
  #5
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Those are really nice looking. So they just fit into your standard 57 style mic clip? I was looking for the threaded hole in the 3d view, but couldn't see anything.
Old 5th March 2019
  #6
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool135 View Post
Looking for something similar to this...
I literally typed in "dual mic clip" into Google and got this (and many more):
https://www.amazon.com/Clip-Dual-Mic.../dp/B00X4SBJQ4
Old 5th March 2019
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
I literally typed in "dual mic clip" into Google and got this (and many more):
https://www.amazon.com/Clip-Dual-Mic.../dp/B00X4SBJQ4
..and the OP,
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool135 View Post
Looking for something similar to this...
But one of the mics being side address..
Depends on your meaning of 'similar I guess.
Old 5th March 2019
  #8
Gear Nut
I also did a similar google search and unfortunately this is not what I am looking for as it won’t accommodate a 57 and 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
I literally typed in "dual mic clip" into Google and got this (and many more):
https://www.amazon.com/Clip-Dual-Mic.../dp/B00X4SBJQ4
Old 6th March 2019
  #9
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool135 View Post
I also did a similar google search and unfortunately this is not what I am looking for as it won’t accommodate a 57 and 121
Ah, side address. I don't know if they make something like that because of the height offset.

But you could use this, with the 121's own clip and the 57's clip mounted on the first 2 of 3 threads. See pic below where somebody screwed on 3 mic clips:
MTCPC2 Results | Musician's Friend

This would still be a single mic stand.

Last edited by gravyface; 6th March 2019 at 03:02 AM..
Old 6th March 2019
  #10
UGP
Gear Nut
 

Perhaps Wilkinson Audio is what you were looking for? They make custom mic clips from a 3D printer and were mentioned in one of the Spectre Sound Studios youtube clips.

Wilkinson Audio – Cool Audio Stuff for Cool People
Old 6th March 2019
  #11
Lives for gear
 

I almost forgot..
Assemble about anything you can need from these guys.
WindTech Microphone Accessories
Old 6th March 2019
  #12
Lives for gear
Foam...Tape....few sticks.....wirehanger. Edit: And Rubber bands
Does everything need to be perfect?!
Old 31st March 2019
  #13
Here for the gear
 

Hey! I want to advice the Shure SM57. Its the best legendary is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. In my studio i use blue yetti in combination pop and wind filter for better sound and recording. It's my pleasure. So If you are interested read this artcile whatever-tech.com/best-pop-filter-for-blue-yeti

Last edited by Jackobson; 31st March 2019 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: issue
Old 31st March 2019
  #14
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
https://www.amazon.com/On-Stage-MY50...9GN5KVZ131EWBD

i have used one of these .. still have it .. you can align a 57 and 121 just have to out the 121 Clip on it's side !!! to get the capsules closer together you can point the 57 straight on then turn the 121 towards thr 57 so they get closer, then twist the 121 so the capsules are parallel .. works great .. if you need to get even closer .. a little extender post on the 121 so you can position it better ..

or you could just clamp on an LP Drum Clamp and use that for positioning the 2nd mic very close to the other ..

cheers
Old 31st March 2019
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/On-Stage-MY50...9GN5KVZ131EWBD

i have used one of these .. still have it .. you can align a 57 and 121 just have to out the 121 Clip on it's side !!! to get the capsules closer together you can point the 57 straight on then turn the 121 towards thr 57 so they get closer, then twist the 121 so the capsules are parallel .. works great .. if you need to get even closer .. a little extender post on the 121 so you can position it better ..

or you could just clamp on an LP Drum Clamp and use that for positioning the 2nd mic very close to the other ..

cheers
And again ..WindTech..
WindTech Microphone Accessories'
'Clamps/Press Bars and/or Adapters
The one you posted -with a swivel MA358 for example.
Old 31st March 2019
  #16
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
I have not found a simple swivel head dual mount yet. That would be handy ..
Old 31st March 2019
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
I have not found a simple swivel head dual mount yet. That would be handy ..
My go to for a stereo SDC cymbal pair from a single boom. (I have a few from their kit with various widths and such. :>)
Old 30th June 2019
  #18
Here for the gear
 

I realize this thread's a few months old but I just saw Rick Beato demonstrating the new Royer 121/57 dual mic clip prototype in this video (he first shows it about 50 seconds in), it's awesome, perfectly in-phase recording with a single mic stand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhLQuCVBUoE
Old 30th June 2019
  #19
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durynax View Post
I realize this thread's a few months old but I just saw Rick Beato demonstrating the new Royer 121/57 dual mic clip prototype in this video (he first shows it about 50 seconds in), it's awesome, perfectly in-phase recording with a single mic stand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhLQuCVBUoE
Was going to post this but you beat me to it.
Old 1st July 2019
  #20
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjuxtable View Post
Was going to post this but you beat me to it.
if not mistaken, Rick says prototype ... and nowhere online have i seen this for sale .. sold my 57 and 121 so no need anymore but really cool Clip he showed .. too bad .. i hope i am wrong
Old 2nd July 2019
  #21
Gear Nut
 
garbarek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
if not mistaken, Rick says prototype ... and nowhere online have i seen this for sale .. sold my 57 and 121 so no need anymore but really cool Clip he showed .. too bad .. i hope i am wrong
I just visited their Web site and it looks like they'll be releasing these in September.

https://www.thexclip.com/
Old 2nd July 2019
  #22
Lives for gear
 
andychamp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbarek View Post
I just visited their Web site and it looks like they'll be releasing these in September.

https://www.thexclip.com/
I‘m afraid that‘s not the one in question...
Old 3rd July 2019
  #23
Gear Nut
 
garbarek's Avatar
 

Interesting. Well, I suppose it wouldn't be bad to have two different options at some point.
Old 5th July 2019
  #24
Here for the gear
 

I emailed The Wilkinson Audio Team & they have no plans to make a 121/sm57 clip.

It seems such an obvious product, I'm really surprised no one is manufacturing this product.

SRS recording services don't have a suitable clip. I have emailed them too.

Shapeways will design & produce one but it will cost about $300.
Old 17th July 2019
  #25
Here for the gear
 

Hi all,

Simon Shepherd is your man. Email him & he’ll design the clip & put it up for sale.

I needed this: http://shpws.me/RlDd

Simon turned it around in less than a week.
Old 18th July 2019
  #26
Lives for gear
 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YJ...onId=112839398

Seems like this would be the one, no?
Old 18th July 2019
  #27
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbarek View Post
Interesting. Well, I suppose it wouldn't be bad to have two different options at some point.
That would not work for an R121. They are a side address mic, so the clip has to hold the two mics at a 90 degree angle and be offset correctly so they are in phase.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #28
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepedals View Post
https://www.shapeways.com/product/YJ...onId=112839398

Seems like this would be the one, no?
Indeed. Enjoy everyone. ☺️
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump