The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME Adi-2 Pro vs. Adi-2 Pro FS
Old 28th February 2019
Here for the gear

RME Adi-2 Pro vs. Adi-2 Pro FS

Hi all,

I purchased an RME Adi-2 Pro a while ago for personal recording at home (maximum 2 in // 2 out channels required) and I've really enjoyed it, found it to be a discernable upgrade to my previous MOTU ultralite mk3.

I'm about start a bigger, more important personal recording project and am now wondering whether it is worth selling the Adi-2 Pro to upgrade to the Adi-2 Pro FS.

As you may know already, the only difference between the original and the 'FS' version is the clock. But the more I read, the more important this part of DAC/ADC this seems to be.

Has anyone actually compared the two closely in recording and listening tests?

Is there an audible difference in the two converters?

I am open to suggestions of other 2in/2out converter upgrade options but my main interest is in any audible differences between the original Adi and the FS version.

Thanks

p.s. In case it is helpful a bit about the rest of my setup: I already have good preamps, good mics. Recording mainly acoustic instruments and voice, sometimes synth. Approximate ITB mixes to be taken to proper mastering studios.

p.p.s I have seen these links but they only have clock noise graphs, I'm hoping to hear from someone who has actually owned both and compared the sound and maybe ran some further tests.

Does the ADI-2 Pro FS replace the ADI-2 Pro? (Page 1) — ADI-2 Pro & ADI-2 DAC — RME User Forum

Comparison of ADI2 DAC with ADI2 PRO or what a gain SteadyClock FS (Page 1) — ADI-2 Pro & ADI-2 DAC — RME User Forum

Last edited by moustachio; 28th February 2019 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: added links
📝 Reply