The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Know of Anyone Who Racks API 500A EQ'S? 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 5 days ago
  #1
Gear Head
Know of Anyone Who Racks API 500A EQ'S?

I'm looking for one channel of API 550A eq, but I want it racked. The 5500 is 2 550B's. Anyone know of someone who racks them w/power supply?
Old 5 days ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
thismercifulfate's Avatar
You can buy a half-rack single space chassis from Chameleon Labs (they make a version with a power supply I believe) or a 2-slot full sized one from any number of manufacturers. I have my Avedis MA5’s in a Fredenstein Bento 2, which has a built-in power supply.
Old 5 days ago
  #3
Old 5 days ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 
nukmusic's Avatar
 

also note that the 5500 gives you more detail on the boost/cut using the range feature.
Old 5 days ago
  #5
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic View Post
also note that the 5500 gives you more detail on the boost/cut using the range feature.
Yeah, I noticed that...I want the HP filters and I had a 550A-1 that I sold that I miss.
Old 5 days ago
  #6
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
You can buy a half-rack single space chassis from Chameleon Labs (they make a version with a power supply I believe) or a 2-slot full sized one from any number of manufacturers. I have my Avedis MA5’s in a Fredenstein Bento 2, which has a built-in power supply.
I like that Bento! It looks like the most affordable one. I can use an API in there without changing the tone in any way correct?
Old 5 days ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 
thismercifulfate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoolboy Jim View Post
I like that Bento! It looks like the most affordable one. I can use an API in there without changing the tone in any way correct?
Correct.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
zabooka / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1
johnd5412 / High end
10
George Michael / So much gear, so little time
1
jumpnyc / So much gear, so little time
18
opus / So much gear, so little time
14

Forum Jump
Forum Jump