The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
For those with a SSl AWS or Duality, how much of the mixer do you use on songs?
View Poll Results: Do you use the console only for tracking or also mix down as well?
I only track with the console.
0 Votes - 0%
I use the Eq's and dynamics on most songs
2 Votes - 50.00%
I use EQ and dynamics a little with mostly plug in's during mixdown
1 Votes - 25.00%
I use the mic Pre's, EQ and dynamics on a regular basis
1 Votes - 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th February 2019
For those with a SSl AWS or Duality, how much of the mixer do you use on songs?

I would also include XL Mixer users as well but I am more curious about the character of the Silver modules on theses mixers. How much of the the mixer do you use?
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Good question. Wish I could be part of the answers, but will at least look forward to hearing what other say

Oh, here’s an additional question for the one above. Do you miss the dynamics on every channel?!
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Head

I have an AWS console and I use all of it when mixing songs and the workflow is so good I wish I had another 24 channels . I have an xrack with dynamic modules and other outboard compressors, so about 18 of the 24 channels have analog compressors ready at the push of the insert button. I still do use compressor plugins occasionally on larger sessions.

Thanks!
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

On a Duality at the studio I run out of... It all depends for me; pretty much depends on time. There’s 40-channels of various outboard preamps (and more coming), so the Duality preamps don’t really get used much. But I do track live jamming in the studio sometimes and the Duality-only will get used for that.

I mostly use the SSL EQ for drum tracking; same as when I had a 6048.

On mixing, if I have the time/budget after mixing ITB/summing through the Duality, I’ll fully mix again on the console with outboard gear and all.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Duality... use it only for tracking and only the micpres. Sometimes the faders for PT daw control but very rarely. I’d love to see it go.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

gainreduction, not at least summing through it at mix? Or maybe something else? I haven’t compared to just ITB summing. Have you or anything the like?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search