The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best mic stand/music stand/pop filter combination ?
Old 18th May 2007
Best mic stand/music stand/pop filter combination ?

For a standard vocal recording (classic U87 w/ elastic suspension). Looking for something solid where each piece locks securely into each other and leaves the singer/musician a clear view of the lyrics/score. Thanks for your suggestions !
Old 18th May 2007
Gear Maniac

Well the Latch Lake Music - micKing mic stand is as good as it gets:

It will easily hold the weight of a heavy mic even when extended as drumkit overhead. Great hight and great stretch.

The clutches are the best I've seen and a much needed improvement over regular boom clutches that strip easily over time.

The leg-base interlocks with other leg-bases so it won't take up too much floor space. It's pretty damn heavy so the two wheels are handy for rolling it around.

Lots of other cool improvements. Not cheap but you'll be very happy.
Old 19th May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy Audio View Post
Well the Latch Lake Music - micKing mic stand is as good as it gets:

It will easily hold the weight of a heavy mic even when extended as drumkit overhead. Great hight and great stretch.

The clutches are the best I've seen and a much needed improvement over regular boom clutches that strip easily over time.

The leg-base interlocks with other leg-bases so it won't take up too much floor space. It's pretty damn heavy so the two wheels are handy for rolling it around.

Lots of other cool improvements. Not cheap but you'll be very happy.
Thank you, I knew that stand is very good and is already in my shipping list, but what I'm looking for is a good music stand/pop filter/mic stand combination. Does the Latch Lake have accessories (I didn't see any in their site) ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search