The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Audio leak - Edge USB mic
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Antelope Audio leak - Edge USB mic

Was reading gearnews.com today and look what they got:

"the notion of Antelope Audio delivering the conversion quality its known for to a plug-and-play USB microphone is surely appealing. And then there’s the possibility of the manufacturer integrating its FPGA FX platform into the unit, enabling on-board effects processing. This will be a bold move and something of a first in the rather competitive USB mic segment."

Decent speculation on Lyubomir's part. What do you guys think?

Original publication: Leak: Antelope Audio headed to NAMM 2019 with an USB Edge mic?
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Audio leak - Edge USB mic-new-antelope-audio-usb-microphone-770x425.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

No additional preamp might actually get the signal cleaner, which the manufacturers seem to prefer for these modeling mics.

Decent conversion would be a concern, no doubt. I guess the USB would be delivering the similar power as phantom?

There must be people singing into USB mics for studio recording. I just can't see myself having an artist do that, even if it's supposed to model a popular mic. I would be curious to hear the results with the other Edge mics.

I always view a USB mic used for voice over and podcast work. Or maybe people who don't want to invest in all the gear to get things done as usual. I guess this launch would put it firmly in that camp.
Old 2 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

$1600 is a bit higher than I was hoping, but I'm sure they didn't skimp on anything. This isn't your typical "USB" mic. This really would be a great option for throwing in a small pelican case with a laptop, pretty convenient not needing an interface and plugging the headphones into the mic. Now all they really needed to do was include some sort of adapter with the shockmount so you can mount it on a table or something similar so you don't have to bring a mic stand with you!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search