The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
At $2K any other interface than the Apollo? Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

At $2K any other interface than the Apollo?

It seems like the UA Apollo is dominating the market and conversation within its price range. I may just hop on the bandwagon soon.

As far as:
1. Converters
2. Drivers
3. Pre's
4. Functionality

Is there anything else in its price range to be seriously considered?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Conversions and overall sound quality - Antelope Orion Studio. Exceptional sound and lots of ins and outs. That’s if your buying based on sound. That’s why I bought one - mastering quality DA.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Rme 802
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A lot of people that talk about Apollos also talk about Apogee Symphony in a similar price range
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Apogee Ensemble

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Antelope Orion = Best Convertors?
RME = Total Mix/ Low/No Latency
Apogee Symphony or Ensemble, = Comparable?

How would these compare against the new X series?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

kinda pointless unless you give some info on requirements ie channel #s , mac/pc, connection type etc
Old 2 days ago
Metric Halo
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Hey guys,

I see noone here is mentioning Focusrite gear. I don't want to push any ideas. Just interested in why?

Quality? Price? Connectivity? Drivers? Sound?

I can't say anything regarding comparison to other stuff in that price/quality range since I only own Focusrite. A small one 2i4 and 18i20 and they serve me very well.

Bye you Slutz!

Krešo
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teofunk View Post
Rme 802
Very interesting thread, I am looking into interfaces myself. I had already narrowed it down to Apollo and Orion Studio but Apollo is already off my list again because it doesn't have enhough inputs for me. So I lean towards getting an Orion now, but I just saw someone posting the RME 802. Can anyone compare it to the Orion? It's way cheaper...!
Old 13 hours ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post

I see noone here is mentioning Focusrite gear. I don't want to push any ideas. Just interested in why?
I have a Clarett 8 Pre X. Great routing and functionality (multi-outs, midi in out, 2 head phone jacks, nice controller software, and pretty good low latency). Not a very good clock, converters, and really not very good preamps. I would get an RME if I knew now...
Old 13 hours ago
Lives for gear

I own and recommend the Clarett range, but the question was $2000-3000.

At that price point there are different options.

My other obvious reference is the Presonus Quantum which I also didn't mention because of price.

However I am using these instead of the old silver Apollos which I have sold.

The new Apollo X are supposed to be much better, class leading kind of stuff.

My Presonus/Focusrite gear lets me sleep at night without the huge debt.

It's a hard question, there are so many factors to consider, price only being one of them.

Sound quality and workflow are big questions for any interface at any price.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Addict

I am considering getting something from Apollo x series some day. Either x6 or x8. More than enough for my home work and ideas brushing studio. Just considering. I mean, with all the fantastic plugins I've collected over the years and some nice selected outboard stuff it's pretty pricy.

I have never had a chance to hear some other brands that might interest me in this low to mid range interfaces. Something like RME and others which are very sought around here and well spoken of!

Oh well, I am extremely happy with my 18i20 so far and I will just have to get my hands on some other boxes in that range to try them out at my place side by side.

Generally speaking I really believe that Focusrite does great (I say again, GREAT) stuff because of their long history of making fabulous consoles and ISA series and EQs, pres... Fine electronic components really! Wouldn't mind having some smaller console for my home setup like they did before but in large formats! I am convinced I'd be able to achieve great results and superb sound.

Anyway, I'm blabbing here.

Best to all of you Slutz!

Krešo
Old 10 hours ago
din
Gear Maniac

I'm really happy w/ my MOTU 16A.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search