The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TX81Z Programmer message: ''Operation timed out requesting data from the synth'' Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

TX81Z Programmer message: ''Operation timed out requesting data from the synth''

I use TX81Z Programmer for my Yamaha TX81Z and so far had some succes to save a patch on the synth and manually editing patches also works fine. However, when trying to receive data from the synth, I always seem to get the message ''Operation timed out requesting data from the synth''. I dont understand why I get this. AFAIK I did everything right in System Setup Editor (Exlusive: On, Program Change Switch to Ind or Com). Midicables should be good to, with the trusty M-audio Midisport 4x4 and Midi Outs and Ins going to their succesive others. Anyone knows what the issue is? Seems to be like a midi overload or smh?

Also, when saving patches on my PC, when I load them back into the Programmer, I see the Patchname I saved on the Yamaha TX81Z, but get no sound?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I can't answer your question, but I admit I did double-check the date of the OP just in case this was some 30-year-old zombie thread that mysteriously surfaced on GS today. Congrats to you for still working with an 81Z. I still have a TX802 that probably hasn't been fired up in a decade, but I can't bring myself to part with it since it's so unique.

...well, that plus no one would offer me enough $$$ to make it worth the time it would take me to unscrew it from the rack.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
I can't answer your question, but I admit I did double-check the date of the OP just in case this was some 30-year-old zombie thread that mysteriously surfaced on GS today. Congrats to you for still working with an 81Z. I still have a TX802 that probably hasn't been fired up in a decade, but I can't bring myself to part with it since it's so unique.

...well, that plus no one would offer me enough $$$ to make it worth the time it would take me to unscrew it from the rack.
LOL I actually started working with it since a few months just for fun, but now wanting to dive in deeper, it feels like there is a lot of potential to edit the stockpresets in there. It sounds unique indeed, nothing what Ive tried sounds like it. I make deep house/techno, so for these FM style basses its perfect.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoking View Post
I use TX81Z Programmer for my Yamaha TX81Z and so far had some succes to save a patch on the synth and manually editing patches also works fine. However, when trying to receive data from the synth, I always seem to get the message ''Operation timed out requesting data from the synth''. I dont understand why I get this. AFAIK I did everything right in System Setup Editor (Exlusive: On, Program Change Switch to Ind or Com). Midicables should be good to, with the trusty M-audio Midisport 4x4 and Midi Outs and Ins going to their succesive others. Anyone knows what the issue is? Seems to be like a midi overload or smh?

Also, when saving patches on my PC, when I load them back into the Programmer, I see the Patchname I saved on the Yamaha TX81Z, but get no sound?
This is a awesome editor. Never had any isssues. Wished that tool could be available for other synths...

There's another thread about the same problem...maybe you find it usefull...

hooking up my TX81z to my PC/Mac??? - KVR Audio

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search