The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Empirical Labs Mike E
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Empirical Labs Mike E

Howdy slutz, I just ordered the Mike E unit and pretty excited for it to arrive. It will exclusively be used for tracking voice over (mine) and it seems to get pretty unanimous high praise around here for big & clean. My thought initially was to go with just the Apollo Twin MK2 for totally ITB processing, but then I thought it might be even better to get a nice fat analogue signal first, before hitting the Apollo converters...and then I could just do some light shaping ITB. I haven't purchased the Apollo yet, but that seems like a logical theory...what do you think?

Either way, I plan on uploading some VO samples once it arrives and settles in!
Old 5 days ago
RTG
Gear Maniac

How much more analog do you want to get before going ITB? I can't imagine you will be needing much else. You will already be able to compress it with the Mike E. Perhaps some EQ? Great preamp, I have one.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Yeah, I was thinking of utilizing the Pultec emulations just to gently finish ITB. From what I have heard around here, the harder you drive the UAD emulations, the less they sound like the hardware. So I figure if I keep it light, should be okay...again, all just theorizing! Thanks for your thoughts!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search