The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
recent mic purchases.. Condenser Microphones
Old 1 week ago
recent mic purchases..

me ...past year

used mics but near mint to mint condition

u87
2 RCA paintbrush kb 2b
mint used sony c38

lol only 2700 for all

you?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

2x Aston Origin
1x Sontronics Corona
2x Beyerdynamic TG-V96c
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Last year...
Oktava 319 (like a 57 on steroids) vocals.
Bock Soundelux U195 (won at NAMM!)
Chris
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Last year for me was a good one.

Lauten Atlantis
2x AT4050
2x AA Cm48fet
GAP R1
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I got an EV RE10 for $85
And I just got a box of 4 sE X1Ds at the super closeout price...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

- KM86
- EV664
- had my RE20 refurbished
- half a dozen Rycote shockmounts
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
TG M88
AKG 451 E
KM 84

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Matched pair of Coles 4038 ribbons. Recorded piano with them today. Just what was needed for harsh upper register.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
AKG D7
Peluso R14
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

RCA-77dx ribbon

AKG-414eb -P48

Neumann U47 fet

Senheiser 421-U

Neumann KM-84 x 2

Cascade Fathead ribbon

Shure SM-58s x3 and Shure SM-57s x2

AKG-D112 kick drum mic

Buddha
Old 1 week ago
dag ..good year huh?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

All dynamics last year, Sennheiser $99 Evolution sale: (1) e902, (3) e904, (2) e906, then a pair of used SM58s from OfferUp for $100.
Old 1 week ago
I just picked up a pair of sE 8's. I needed something new for acoustics and drum oh/perc. I liked the demo's I heard so I got a pair over the holidays while they were on sale. Just came in and studio is being reorganized so wont be able to try till next week.

I'm planning on picking up a (slightly) higher end pair of SDC's this year: MC930, BeesNeez Lulu fet, Advanced Audio CM28's are current contenders...
Old 1 week ago
Me.. Got a..

U67
2x u87i , almost mint.

Very good price
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Crille, IIRC you mentioned IYO the U67 is usually smoother... Versus the U47 (tube)?
Thanks, Chris
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Klaus modded u87ai
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
Crille, IIRC you mentioned IYO the U67 is usually smoother... Versus the U47 (tube)?
Thanks, Chris
I actually tried a vintage u47 earlier this week. Only tried against my 269c but you could almost eq match them (like 95%) The u47 is a bit to thicker around 400hz like 2dbs. But very alike with a litttle bit of eq. My guess is that the u67 is even more alike since mine is a bit thicker in the lowmids and very smooth mids.

U67 is definitely smoother then u87i. And vintage neumanns are awesome in general. How they can be open and still so smooth is beyond me
Old 1 week ago
Manley Reference Cardioid
AEA 84A

If I could go back in time I would have spent my money first on these mics instead of bunch of outboard EQs and comps. The sounds I was looking for was in the mics, not the outboard gear.
Old 1 week ago
500 series nutjob

last year a Lauten EDEN. love it!
was not in the market but i was supried when i tried it and had to have it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Bought myself a xmas pressie - a MicParts S25 which is waiting for a spare few hours to build. It was only $139! (and almost the same in shipping, charges and VAT ) I built one of their 47s for a friend a while back and it was great, will be interesting to hear it.
Old 1 week ago
personally i'm afraid of "new manufacturers" ADK is the only mic i own that doesn't wear a neumann, altec, akg, rca, ev, sony or shure badge
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Last year: Neumann U 87 ai, AEA R92, Beyerdynamic M 88 TG and M 201 TG. I highly recommend all of these.

I tried buying a Bock/Soundelux version of the U 47 as well as a Neumann M149 on eBay a few times but unfortunately bid on auctions with flaky sellers so those did not go through. :(
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
personally i'm afraid of "new manufacturers" ADK is the only mic i own that doesn't wear a neumann, altec, akg, rca, ev, sony or shure badge
There's a lot of good stuff out there from newer makers. Think of brands lik AT and sE that have 20 some years of production, but are considered
'new.'
Old 1 week ago
Part is I only get to track a few times a year.. a mixer..vox tracker and mastering guy now..so I got my go toos...the AEA 84? I did a blumeline on a Reed/horn section and that return was my "main" the close mics "fills"
.I just want to know it's supported and is bullet proof..the AEA are good but in 5 years my buddy had to send both back for repair..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Part is I only get to track a few times a year.. a mixer..vox tracker and mastering guy now..so I got my go toos...the AEA 84? I did a blumeline on a Reed/horn section and that return was my "main" the close mics "fills"
.I just want to know it's supported and is bullet proof..the AEA are good but in 5 years my buddy had to send both back for repair..
I didn't realize you did so little tracking these days. A small, tried and true locker makes a ton of sense in that situation.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Schoeps V4U
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
I didn't realize you did so little tracking these days. A small, tried and true locker makes a ton of sense in that situation.
yeah man lol when I track it's like no brains..get band to sound great..then capture it..and sit with your feet up and hitting stop on a F up ...mixing? Hrs of brain drain..constant reflection..but I love it ...in my day the mixer was the pinnicle..that's why I got pulled from everything but string and horn dates and lead vox so I could mix .but being a great tracking eng is butter too..great respect because it makes a mixers job easier..I got the mike's I have for vocals..gtrs..horns and percussion at my place and some because when I do track I want the obscure but bang mike's that most mid line studios don't carry
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

2x u47's one has m7 the other k47
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks Crille. My U67 experience is limited to just the reissue and the Bock 67. Only U47 style testing, was on the T-Funk 47-Back when they were Telefunken USA.

I think the U67 RI tried, had the capsule tensioning and/or the tube issues, that Klaus has brought up.
Chris
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Not much. Just a TLM67.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search