The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PURPLE AUDIO MOIYN: Why are there no reviews/any users?
Old 20th December 2018
PURPLE AUDIO MOIYN: Why are there no reviews/any users?

Been running a Sweet Ten for a couple years and it's been great. Was starting to look into making a sum bus and remembered the Moiyn which only takes up one slot in the rack. However other than Tape Op, I cannot find many people talking about/using this thing. Every GS thread seems like guys excited about it 8-10 years ago and no new threads.

Thoughts? Was this a product that just never lived up to expectation?
Old 20th December 2018
Gear Nut

Curious about this too. I have a grand scheme of turning a couple Sweet Tens into a simple mixer of sorts.
Old 4 weeks ago
Just wanted to update this thread since I recently got the Purple Audio Moiyn/cans combo and put it into action in a Sweet Ten rack filled with CAPI VP28s. All I can say is WOW! This is my first foray into analogue summing in my studio but it sounds sooo good! It makes me curious how it stacks up against Dangerous music 2-bus and other summing solutions. One day I'll get the 8-channel CAPI Sum bus but that's for another thread entirely

Got my Moiyn for just over $600 and Cans for $350 which is a steal for turning my 500-series rack into a bonafide summing mixer with direct outs. If you have a Sweet Ten go cop the Moyin/cans combo and you will surely be stoked.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search