The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NAMM 2019 Rumors Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
A CLA endorsed product? Naw, you don't say!

I wouldn't care if it was endorsed by Homer Simpson - if it sounds good, easy to work with and is attractively priced (and it's Waves, so $29 or less!) then that's good enough for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Evolved? Nothing devolves the mixing process more than stuff like VMR and forced rackage/channel strips when you need to treat each track on a case by case basis (if well recorded a track my not even need anything).

Was a big waves user... 10 years+ ago when they covered all the angles, the times I've A/Bd against better plugs these days and waves lost big time.. I couldn't even count. Their plug-ins sound horrible, ok in small doses, mix-ruining in high doses (unless like the pros that used them everything was run through neves and ££££$$$$ of outboard before the 'mix')

It'll just be the same decades old Waves harsh digital algorithms rep-GUId and slapped in a slate copying marketing trick with the big name signature to hook the noobs.

So.. typical day at Waves then.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneKontrol View Post
It'll just be the same decades old Waves harsh digital algorithms [...]
yeah, analog algorithms sound so much better
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

finally, an SSL 4000 channelstrip!

(hope there’s something more to it)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

You probably have to insert it on every Channel and can then in the plugin switch from Channel to Channel (hence the Hub)
Not a bad idea if you like to to just switch from CLA Hub plugin to Hub plugin. The sound of hits!

Does anybody remember this Baby? :D
YouTube

The downside: Softube Console 1 did that thing years ago with a Hardware controller.
Let's see if it is indeed more?
Old 3 weeks ago
Brb
Gear Addict

My guess for the cla channelstrip is that other comps he uses may be included like the schleps omnichannel

But I wanna see what mcdsp is talking about with this "programable analog" controlled by protools device. If it can be used as a channel strip that would be sick but it seems like one processor per track right now. I saw a thread on here about it earlier but I guess it got deleted

APB-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDSP

APB-16
WORLD’S FIRST PROGRAMMABLE ANALOG PROCESSOR

The McDSP Analog Processing Box (APB) combines the flexibility of software with the fidelity of premium analog processing. Each channel can be controlled by a Pro Tools plug-in giving true digital workflow with genuine analog performance. Processing options include compressors, mastering limiters, transient enhancement devices, multi-channel and multi-band applications, and so much more… we’re only getting started.

HARDWARE

Programmable analog processing
Premium analog components
Multiple analog saturation circuits
32-bit DAC and ADC
Thunderbolt 2 and 3 compatible
Manufactured in the United States
SOFTWARE

APB-ready software plug-in bundle included
Sample accurate automation
Full session recall and preset handling
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Evolved? Nothing devolves the mixing process more than stuff like VMR and forced rackage/channel strips ...
I used VMR for the first time on a session a couple of days ago and loved the ability to load up an instance and be able to tweak the different modules within the rack .. this workflow really worked for me and I was able to very quickly get a vocal to sound and sit well in the mix.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

The CLA thing is basically the next Schepps omni. Looks cool though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Native Instruments just announced a whole lot of new (and also free!) stuff:

For The Music In You
Old 3 weeks ago
Brb
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbencutter View Post

For The Music In You
thats some bs that ni still has not implemented song mode for maschine (announced 3 years ago) but has all the time and resources in the world to make it easier to buy new sounds from them
Old 3 weeks ago
It's All Good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbencutter View Post

For The Music In You
I'm liking the direction that Komplete Kontrol is going.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brb View Post
thats some bs that ni still has not implemented song mode for maschine (announced 3 years ago) but has all the time and resources in the world to make it easier to buy new sounds from them
Looks like they've chosen another path for the company to be simpler and cheaper, attract as many teens as possible.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac View Post

YouTube
God that made me cringe. This guy has his 80s head up his ass so deep he can't even stand himself.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Man..That Suhr Pete Thorn IR amp looks and sounds incredible.
Old 3 weeks ago
YouTube

Yes, the original!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

So I wonder did they do the usual Waves thing where they just repackage the same algorithm they developed 15 years ago or can we expect some sonic improvements?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentA View Post
So I wonder did they do the usual Waves thing where they just repackage the same algorithm they developed 15 years ago or can we expect some sonic improvements?
Educate yourself here: CLA MixHub Plugin | Waves

They have modeled and emulated his personal console, for more information, try reading.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

so you can work on whole buckets at a time in this plugin. That's rather nice.
Since it's Waves I bet it's multi touchable.
It would be cool if they added a full screen mode where you would work on the whole console (scrollable if need be)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Barefoot just teased their new LFE 15 sub on instagram.
Attached Thumbnails
NAMM 2019 Rumors-screen-shot-2019-01-24-12.00.52-pm.png  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shire View Post
Educate yourself here: CLA MixHub Plugin | Waves

They have modeled and emulated his personal console, for more information, try reading.
You believe the waves BS? Even if they did model it doesn't mean they did a good job of it (based on essentially every past effort to date which fails next to almost any modern competitor that has emulated the same thing)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
You believe the waves BS? Even if they did model it doesn't mean they did a good job of it (based on essentially every past effort to date which fails next to almost any modern competitor that has emulated the same thing)
Don't buy it then.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Regardless, that just looks like an extra/superfluous mix window when most of us already have 2 main DAW windows along with a console window for a lot of interfaces. Not to mention they say in the literature you can load other Waves plugins inside it, so it just seems like a silly marketing move to hook people on only using waves plugins.... Aside from that, they modeled his SSL and they didn't even put the buss compressor in the master section? That's the only reason most people enjoy mixing on SSL's.....

I've got nothing negative to say about the concept, but the execution/layout and lack of buss compressor baffle me. I don't get it, not for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

So no FG-X2?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
It's funny how some people are filled with so much conviction, without even demoing or hearing it for themselves.

I'm sure many professionals will find it usable, like ALL their plugins.

Check your paintbrushes, you might have some bent bristles.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's funny how some people are filled with so much conviction, without even demoing or hearing it for themselves.

I'm sure many professionals will find it usable, like ALL their plugins.
Everything is literally usable as long as it's functional. The question is what value it has. Many of us started using Waves plugins over a decade ago and used / are using them for a looong time.

I personally find a lot of their stuff underwhelming, while as you say perfectly usable.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
Barefoot just teased their new LFE 15 sub on instagram.
love how this company went from the philosophy of "our philosophy is NO subwoofers" to "yeah, here's a bunch of subwoofers you animals"
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrusonic View Post
love how this company went from the philosophy of "our philosophy is NO subwoofers" to "yeah, here's a bunch of subwoofers you animals"
Ha, I thought the same thing! Expand or die I guess...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Everything is literally usable as long as it's functional. The question is what value it has. Many of us started using Waves plugins over a decade ago and used / are using them for a looong time.

I personally find a lot of their stuff underwhelming, while as you say perfectly usable.
Because, if you don't know by now, it's always about the song and performances.

Capturing and editing is the easy part.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Because, if you don't know by now, it's always about the song and performances.
Plugins aren't about the song and performance, they're about audio engineering.

If they're irrelevant because it's about the song and performance, then stock plugins will do just fine.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search