The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GAP Preq 73 Premier does not work with Unite tray Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

GAP Preq 73 Premier does not work with Unite tray

I just bought several GAP products including a PREQ 73 Premier. I also purchased some Unite rack trays. The red boxes worked as they should but the the holes on the Premier do not correspond with the holes on the Unite. The ad for the Premier specifically said that it will work on the standard Unite but it does not seem to. I wrote to GAP and they answered once and that was it. I paid $50 for each Unite for the sole reason that they would work with my gear. I don't see how it could possibly work since none of the holes match up. I am not going to start drilling because as I said I specifically bought the United because the GAP website said they would work. Can anybody help me with this? Thank you.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I am now looking to attach my $600 preamp/eq to my $50 rack drawer with velcro because nobody from GAP is helping me and I cannot wait forever, I have work to do. It's strange though. They sent me a very nice reply to a previous question so I am confused about how they have not helped me with this. I am posting my problem here because maybe someone from.GAP will see it and help me. Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Hi

We represent Golden Age in the U.S. please email me at [email protected]. I recently racked up some premier units in standard unite rack shelves so i will be able to walk you through it. thanks!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Thank you Seth. But I have them mounted now..The problem was due to some of the holes not lining up. I had to enlarge the holes. The main problem due to the misaligned holes was that the Preq 73 got pushed too much to the center and so it would hit the bracket on the Comp 54 mk2 and would not sit flat. The only fix was by enlarging the holes. I should not have had to do that but I am just glad I have my gear mounted. However the gap fillers were a big issue. The directions say to put the gap fillers on last which I found to be impossible. They should be slipped over the boxes -before- they are screwed down. I did not realize what I should have done until I mangled both of them. But again I was following the instructions that Bo sent me. So if you would like to assist me I could use two new gap.fillers (I have four boxes mounted in two Unites). Thanks.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roodillon View Post
Thank you Seth. But I have them mounted now..The problem was due to some of the holes not lining up. I had to enlarge the holes. The main problem due to the misaligned holes was that the Preq 73 got pushed too much to the center and so it would hit the bracket on the Comp 54 mk2 and would not sit flat. The only fix was by enlarging the holes. I should not have had to do that but I am just glad I have my gear mounted. However the gap fillers were a big issue. The directions say to put the gap fillers on last which I found to be impossible. They should be slipped over the boxes -before- they are screwed down. I did not realize what I should have done until I mangled both of them. But again I was following the instructions that Bo sent me. So if you would like to assist me I could use two new gap.fillers (I have four boxes mounted in two Unites). Thanks.

please email me at [email protected] and i will get you taken care of

thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search