The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum overheads SDC alternative to Oktava 012 Condenser Microphones
Old 3 days ago
tiv
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwolf View Post
The Oktava and the AudioTechnica were both cardioid. The Oktava is unmodded but did come from The Sound Room and I think they did a little extra quality control.

I agree Monkeyxx on the realism of the B&K, they’re a different class of microphone to my ears and they cost 30x more than I paid for my pair of ATM450s or MC012. Using them as a main pair on an orchestra is truly a thing of beauty. Even compared to the B&K 4006 the 4004 just has something special about its realism, probably due to its 130v phantom power supply. Through really clean mic preamps the detail is almost scary.
I agree the B&K sounds really good, but it couldnt be compared to the others because of cardiod/omni...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search