The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stager SR-3 Ribbon Microphones
Old 1 week ago
Stager SR-3

Hi all,

I couldn’t find a thread dedicated to this mic, so I thought I’d start one. Just got mine less than a week ago, but have already used it on lead vox, bgv, pump organ, tambourine, and front of kit.

Other ribbons I own and use frequently: Royer r121 (pair), AEA r92 (pair), Cascade Vinjet w/lundahl (pair), Cascade Fathead (pair), Stager SR-2N (pair).

I want Stager to be around for a long time, so I think I should tell you all that this is an amazing microphone and I was more than pleasantly surprised on every source.

I have a pretty decent mic locker and I will say that this is one of the best mic purchases I’ve made over the last 20 years.

Open, clear, quiet - and a ton of depth and dimension. You won’t regret grabbing one, and they are on sale right now on Reverb.

I don’t know Matt personally, just a very happy customer.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I got mine earlier this year and wanted it to use as a front-of-kick mic, but I can see using it for a variety of other things as well. Why not a pair for drum overheads?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Love this mic. Been using mine mostly for a single mic vocal/guitar as that is the mode I'm in. Big ribbon sound, slightly mid forward and it doesn't weigh 7lbs so it sits nicely on a regular stand. Sounds great on acoustic by itself. Also using a AEA44, 88, and Royer 122v.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search