The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Christmas came early - kind of! Klark Teknik EQP-KTs 500 Series Preamps
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Christmas came early - kind of! Klark Teknik EQP-KTs

Everybody is out of stock of EQP-KTs until end of December-Mid Jan, I ordered two on the 24th Nov just in case there were further delays, but somehow mine are arriving via DPD from Germany within the next hour and a half?

I ordered them from DV247/Music Store, when I rang up to check it was correct the guy was as surprised as I was because they've got over 200 people on their waiting list that have pre-ordered.
If anyonne is still waiting for these, I do apologise! But I'll take 'em!!

I'm feeling a bit smug right now I have to admit.
My colleague just told me I have a large parcel from Golden Ager Project waiting for me at work too - my two Comp 554s

That was shameless but I had to share, sorry..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I haven't even made the cables for them yet
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas came early - kind of! Klark Teknik EQP-KTs-dsc_0367.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I waited 2 months for mine from the original first batch... it was mildly agonizing.

Congrats I think you most likely will enjoy them.

Just be careful with the knobs they have plastic pot shafts. That is my only main concern with these. You wouldn't want to knock your boot into the control panel.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

All of the fine detents feel good and the markings all line up where they should so that's a good start.
The switches feel solid.
I've put them at the top of an angled rack so should be far enough away from boots, knees and butts!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
Just be careful with the knobs they have plastic pot shafts. That is my only main concern with these. You wouldn't want to knock your boot into the control panel.
Are they fixed to the panel with nuts?

The pot and switch bodies look like they're set quite far back from the panel in this photo:

Klark Teknik Pultec Clone - EQP-KT

I think it's good that they're set back if they're not fixed to the panel. The old Behringer rack stuff is like that and they feel solid. Metal shafts in those, through close tolerance holes that provide lateral support. I think the plastic shafted pots in newer Behringer racks sit closer to the panel and have more wobble though.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
Are they fixed to the panel with nuts?

The pot and switch bodies look like they're set quite far back from the panel in this photo:

Klark Teknik Pultec Clone - EQP-KT

I think it's good that they're set back if they're not fixed to the panel. The old Behringer rack stuff is like that and they feel solid. Metal shafts in those, through close tolerance holes that provide lateral support. I think the plastic shafted pots in newer Behringer racks sit closer to the panel and have more wobble though.
Yes there's a little wobble

The threaded metal "sleeve" goes all the way to the front panel, and is affixed with a black metal nut.

From there, is a black plastic pot shaft in a "D" shape which keeps the knobs going on the same exact way no mater what.

I'm hoping the room they left would be enough for a replacement pot and some hand wiring, if it ever became an issue.

Or maybe some part sourcing genius could find the part number in Mouser or something.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
Yes there's a little wobble

The threaded metal "sleeve" goes all the way to the front panel, and is affixed with a black metal nut.

From there, is a black plastic pot shaft in a "D" shape which keeps the knobs going on the same exact way no mater what.

I'm hoping the room they left would be enough for a replacement pot and some hand wiring, if it ever became an issue.

Or maybe some part sourcing genius could find the part number in Mouser or something.
Sounds like they're alright then, especially for the price. Some of these plastic shafted pots can get loose though, I've just been moaning about it in a synth thread. The UB-Xa Synthesizer

Replacing them probably wouldn't be too much trouble as there's not that many of them and as you say, hand wiring if needed. Doing a whole synth panel like that would be a bit much.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

If there's any plastic anywhere in a pot, it can get loose, shaft or body. It's just simply not as durable as metal, and I've had issues with many of them. Cheap and expensive.

my CAPI VP312 pots are still going strong though.

Not good on a guitar knob or a DAC volume knob, things you're constantly cranking on, those are the ones that gave me trouble.

I feel like fine EQ adjustments hopefully won't stress these things out too bad. We'll see, I guess.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search