The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vxt 8 cones color Studio Monitors
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Vxt 8 cones color

I found a guy that has been selling his VXT8, he has 2 pairs, from which one has natural yellow color and other one has a bit orangy color of his cones... He says that he was surprised as well when he bought them, and that nothing is wrong with them...

Is this ok, should i trust him, is this difference in color normal for VXT series, or KRK as well, or?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Bump
Old 1 week ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Sounds odd, could be sun damage?
Old 1 week ago
In my experience with using the VXTs for years. I have never seen a significant color difference between the cones. I've also not heard of anyone having any significant difference between the cone color. Assuming the cones are the same material I don't know if the color difference would indicate any difference in performance.

It could indeed be sun damage (Kevlar and Aramid are sensitive to UV radiation), or a replaced cone. It's worth investigating a bit. I know that the VXTs use Kevlar, and the Rokit series uses glass Aramid (apparently Kevlar is related to Aramid but not exactly the same as glass Aramid), and the two are noticeably different in color and texture.

Last edited by Enlightened Hand; 1 week ago at 11:53 PM.. Reason: extra infomation added
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Thanks for your response... I was in doubt that he replaced cones, and i would not consider buying it, but as sun damage is also an option, i don't know what to think
Old 1 week ago
HSi
Lives for gear

As above, I've never seen it before. Sun damage is more of a long shot tbh, as opposed to a replacement woofer. Either way, probably better to pass.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Probably better to pass, I agree
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search