The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good isolating cans that don't look terrible...
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Good isolating cans that don't look terrible...

Sigh.

Bought my wife HD280s for work, yet another "open concept" (see: "too cheap to build offices for everyone") environment that's super noisy.

She says they stick out too much, look like an "alien".

I'm not really sold on the noise-cancelling types, but maybe I'm wrong here.

Any slimmer profile isolating cans? Doesn't have to be insanely isolating: she's not rippin' a drum solo at work any time soon.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

I was expecting to see some cans.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1971 View Post
I was expecting to see some cans.
I do all the time and they’re spectacular!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

If she doesn't listen to music 8hrs/day, these can help.
Some people use them to sleep, or to study in a busy living room (with the TV always on).

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 View Post
If she doesn't listen to music 8hrs/day, these can help.
Some people use them to sleep, or to study in a busy living room (with the TV always on).

I’d rather wear cans all day than earplugs.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
I’d rather wear cans all day than earplugs.
For concentrating however they do the job.

Headphones let to listen to music... but I get distracted by music (I a good way).
Like many musicians or engineers I have entirely lost the ability to listen to music passively, without analyzing it...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Why wouldn't you get her buds? It's your wife and she's obviously concerned about appearance, most people are. I use over the ear and buds at my business during the day depending on what I'm doing and the buds can isolate just as good, often better. Just get her a pair that are sealed, the sound quality doesn't necessarily suffer.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgansound View Post
Why wouldn't you get her buds? It's your wife and she's obviously concerned about appearance, most people are. I use over the ear and buds at my business during the day depending on what I'm doing and the buds can isolate just as good, often better. Just get her a pair that are sealed, the sound quality doesn't necessarily suffer.
It's a comfort thing. Any time she's worn earplugs (when I'm drunk and snoring ), she complains about how much it hurts, so I figured some soft closed back isolating cans would work better.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's a comfort thing. Any time she's worn earplugs (when I'm drunk and snoring ), she complains about how much it hurts, so I figured some soft closed back isolating cans would work better.
Totally understand that - Bose makes some nice looking ones that are much more streamlined and fashionable. I bought a couple pairs for my teenage daughters and they're ok with them.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

How about custom iems?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

The nice thing about earbud headphones at work is you can easily pull one ear out and still hear the phone, or someone calling your name, etc.

With both in it's the international sign for "hey don't bother me," half the time they're not even plugged in to anything.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Your wife wants a pair of HN-7506's. She'll be the envy of the office with these bad boys.
Attached Thumbnails
Good isolating cans that don't look terrible...-screen-shot-2018-12-05-9.26.11-pm.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sigh.

Bought my wife HD280s for work, yet another "open concept" (see: "too cheap to build offices for everyone") environment that's super noisy.

She says they stick out too much, look like an "alien".

I'm not really sold on the noise-cancelling types, but maybe I'm wrong here.

Any slimmer profile isolating cans? Doesn't have to be insanely isolating: she's not rippin' a drum solo at work any time soon.

Haha. She's right! I love the way my 280s sound but they sure look like s**t.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
Your wife wants a pair of HN-7506's. She'll be the envy of the office with these bad boys.
And just think of the savings when/if she accepts a job as a professional NASCAR Crew Chief! Buy once cry once.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzin View Post
And just think of the savings when/if she accepts a job as a professional NASCAR Crew Chief! .
I understand the Navy is looking for flight deck crew for its aircraft carriers. Already owning your own pair of the headsets could be a plus.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search