The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Yamaha NS10 vs. MS10?
Old 16th November 2018
Yamaha NS10 vs. MS10?

So I have read the various opinions on the classic NS10s and seemed like the type of monitors that would fit my approach.
Actually ran across a pair of MS10s and had to pick them up. Metal housing, all black...they are heavy and actually look pretty ugly, but I am more interested in performance. One 5" woofer, enclosed, I am thinking prime for mixing.
No balanced inputs on back, a 1/4" and RCA with level, bass and treble knobs in front. Seem like a pair of pro-sumer grade, but the letter "M" obviously comes before "N"... so I am thinking predecessors?.... very curious how these compare as I didn't get very much info at all on a search, not even here.
These will be my 3rd set of monitors that are actually "monitors", along with a vintage pair of Sony's that are pretty darn crispy and midrangy and some small cheap consumers to check mix, along with my cans.
Any info/opinions appreciated, haven't hooked them up yet and curious what kind of things can be expected with older speakers, other than the obvious damage, wear?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search