The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TL Audio VTC valve Console... ?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

TL Audio VTC valve Console... ?

Hey
found 16 channel TL Audio VTC valve Console,
(this model TL Audio VTC 16/8/2 Valve Mixing Desk | Marc's Gear | Reverb)

for 6500$.

Any thought about that one?
I have almost nothing about that console.

Ill be happy for some info.
Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A friend of mine had one, I played with it a few times. Quality and feel wise, it was comparable to something like the Midas Venice. The EQ's did their job, don't expect anything interesting or musical. They solve problems. I found it a little too noisy to mix though, it was also quite colored and changed the low end in a way I didn't like. Routing on it was pretty basic, but was more than enough for me. I think my friend kept it for less than 2 years, someone offered him more for it than he paid used.

For around $5k, it's not a bad choice by any means. I would probably still go with a Toft ATB in that price range. Keep in mind the company isn't around anymore, so maintenance could be an issue. Do you actually need a console for your setup and purposes? If the fact that it's "tube" is the only thing really pulling you in, I can think of a lot better ways to spend almost $7k.
Old 1 week ago
Don't expect valve magic.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This mixer was reputedly designed by some ex Neve engineers when who did not go to Bolton when Neve moved there from Hertfordshire so it should be competent. It is almost entirely IC based, there is just the odd triode in each channel for 'tube colour' I think the price is a bit steep.

Cheers

Ian
Old 1 week ago
500 series nutjob

respected engineer here.
TL-Audio VTC all TOOB Console... Anybody use one?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search