The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I want to bypass Fernandes Sustainer
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I want to bypass Fernandes Sustainer

I recently purchased an EOB Strat. For those unfamiliar, it is a signature Strat from Fender and Radio Heads Ed O'Brien and contains the Fernandes Sustainer system. If you've never used a sustainer circuit it is fun and can add so many new things to your sound. Unfortunately I've realized something I don't like about it and that is that the battery must be used whether you are in sustaining mode or in passive mode. Plainly the guitar does not work w/o a battery present. I want to bypass this so when the sustainer is not activated it becomes a Strat with a 5 way selection of 3 pickups. To add some more confusion to that mess I would also like to change out the SD JB Jr. the guitar comes with to a Dimarzio DP218 (Super Distortion Strat single sized) and I'd like to use positions 1 and 2 on the 5 way as series and parallel of the DP218, position 3 a blend of the DP218 and the Texas Special middle, 4 just the special, and 5 a blend of the sustainer p/u and the special. I don't want the sustainer by itself as it sits high up and close to the strings and is a muddy beast on its own. Too tall an order? Maybe. But I'm just willing to bet there are some electronics guys out there with the knowledge of this sustainer circuit that can pull it off. Any takers?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search