The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Kiwi noise and voice dissapears Condenser Microphones
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Blue Kiwi noise and voice dissapears

Hey guys, I few weeks ago I bought a Blue kiwi. It has a noise, like a low pink noise. Sometimes the noise gets louder and my voice dissapears..and it comeback for a while. Another issue that I have is when I select the cardioid mode and the microphones still sensitive by both sides of the capsule.
Any ideas? Thanks!!!!
I attached 2 audios:
1.Only the noise while I'm speaking. (1 Ruido.wav)
2. I am talking and my voice disappears and reappears and the pink noise turns down( I am talking to make the difference) then when I think its working I speak on both sides of the capsule and the volume is the same, when I am in cardioid. (cambio volumen. wav)
PD: Sorry for my english, is not the best. I did what I could. Thanks again to everyone!!!
Attached Files

1 Ruido.wav (4.92 MB, 74 views)

cambio volumen.wav (6.15 MB, 75 views)

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Your new mic you bought is defective and I would return it. If you didn't have an issue with the cardioid mode, I would say change your cables and pre-amp, but those would not make your mic pick up sound equally on both sides when you are in cardioid mode. So its broken...
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Hi,

By chance have the transit screws on the capsule been removed? I bought a used Kiwi and thought there was something wrong til i learned about the screws...

Good luck with your mic and sorry i dont have more to offer.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

THANKS A LOT FOR THE QUICK ANSWER. I did found the problem. It was the screws...
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspeckledhen View Post
Hi,

By chance have the transit screws on the capsule been removed? I bought a used Kiwi and thought there was something wrong til i learned about the screws...

Good luck with your mic and sorry i dont have more to offer.
Thank you very much. It was all about the screws... You saved my life. I didn't knew about that. Always good to learn something new...
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Your new mic you bought is defective and I would return it. If you didn't have an issue with the cardioid mode, I would say change your cables and pre-amp, but those would not make your mic pick up sound equally on both sides when you are in cardioid mode. So its broken...
Thanks for the quick answer. They were the screws.
Best.
Miguel
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search