The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Got offer to swap my Yamaha HS8, HS8S & 250 € against MSP7 & SW10 Studio Monitors
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Got offer to swap my Yamaha HS8, HS8S & 250 € against MSP7 & SW10

A friend wants to sell his studio stuff. I asked him to give me his MSP7 speakers and SW10 subwoofer. He would do it against my HS8 speakers, HS8S subwoofer and 250 €, because back then he has paid double the much than me.

Unfortunately I can‘t do a sound test, because he is not home currently. It is also hard for me to judge, because I got used to my speakers very much.

I can‘t trust the most forums, because everyone says something else. I would do the trade, but what worries me, is that the MSP7s are designed by the same guy who designed the NS10 and I don‘t like them at all, because it is not a pleasure to listen to them in my opinion. My HS8 are the perfect balance between being a honest tool als having fun to just listen to music. Also the stereo imaging is incredible.

A lot of people elaborate on the MSP7 being a step above the HS8 and being unforgivingly accurate, not only because they use higher quality materials. But hearing that the NS10 were originally designed to be bookshelf speakers doesn‘t sound very professional, so it also may concern the MSP7s.

I‘d like to head honest opinions about anyone who has listened to them both or used both excessively. Sorry for this being another of a thousand comparison threads, but the vast differences in opinion don‘t help me whatsoever.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I would only pull the trigger after testing his set. Apart from the fact that they may not suit your taste, there could be something wrong with them too. So just agree to take a listen to them and go with the deal if you like them and they are in good condition. Or else, what's the point?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search