The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beatles 50th Anniversary White Album is amazing Studio Monitors
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffrecords View Post
Of course the analogy is not perfect - they generally are not meant to be taken too literally. The point I was trying to make was that the original mixes are marred by the limitations of tape. Removing those limitations by using the original multitracks and possibly even ones that were previously bounced down, removes the veil and allows new subtleties that were in the original playing to be heard for the first time.

I remember when the first CD version came out I was pleased to hear nuances that were lost on vinyl and I am looking forward even more clarity in this new version.

Cheers

Ian
Sorry to bang on with these analogies, but that is like applying pebble-dash to the Taj Mahal in the belief that the original construction was marred by the limitations of building materials at the time.

I have the original album, I am an 'anorak' Beatles fan, I know every nuance on that album backwards, I didn't need a remix to hear them.

As I said earlier the anniversary album merely adds separation and a bit of bass end, it doesn't add any nuance for me, I heard it all the first time....as did millions of others who played it to death.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people View Post
Are there any new songs on it?

There are SEVENTY SEVEN bonus tracks on the iTunes deluxe version! Most are alt takes and demos, but there are a few names I don’t recognise. Haven’t listened to many of the bonus tracks yet...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 View Post
There are SEVENTY SEVEN bonus tracks on the iTunes deluxe version! Most are alt takes and demos, but there are a few names I don’t recognise. Haven’t listened to many of the bonus tracks yet...
Wow pretty good. It's the gift that keeps on gifting.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clump View Post
Sorry to bang on with these analogies, but that is like applying pebble-dash to the Taj Mahal in the belief that the original construction was marred by the limitations of building materials at the time.
That is OK, you bang away.
Quote:
I have the original album, I am an 'anorak' Beatles fan, I know every nuance on that album backwards, I didn't need a remix to hear them.
I also bought the original album when it came out and like everybody else played it continuously. That is until the CD version came out which sounded so much better than the vinyl.
Quote:
As I said earlier the anniversary album merely adds separation and a bit of bass end, it doesn't add any nuance for me, I heard it all the first time....as did millions of others who played it to death.
I am pleased you are blessed with ears good enough and a record player goog enough to hear all the nuances on the original vinyl. I certainly heard a lot more on the CD version and I hope to hear more on the new none. Of course YMMV.

Cheers

Ian
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffrecords View Post
That is OK, you bang away.

I also bought the original album when it came out and like everybody else played it continuously. That is until the CD version came out which sounded so much better than the vinyl.

I am pleased you are blessed with ears good enough and a record player goog enough to hear all the nuances on the original vinyl. I certainly heard a lot more on the CD version and I hope to hear more on the new none. Of course YMMV.

Cheers

Ian
It's all subjective..... You, and many others prefer the clarity of the remixes.....I prefer the original vinyl, it's nothing to do with being a purist, it just sounds better to me.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think the remixes are very well done, staying true to the originals.
The greatest thing here is going from the album songs to their demo versions and alternative takes that are included. What great music.

BTW their should be another term for the other sort of remixes, those that change the
arrangements, add tracks, make new productions out of existing stems etc.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search