The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A sampling synth comparable to the Prophet X? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
A sampling synth comparable to the Prophet X?

So I'm *thisclose* to maybe possibly almost pulling the trigger on a Sequential Prophet X on account of my other gear doesn't do what the X does—plus it's Dave and I would like a bit of Dave in my studio—but let's face it, it's pricey.

Got me thinking about other synths out there that allow for user samples (or internal samples) to be mangled by the oscillators and filters and such. After much investigation my head is a little worse for wear. I know the X is unique with the 8Dio thing, but is there anything similar? I've had my eye on the Quantum because I think it's similar in its approach, but what about, say, the MODX? Or the Sledge 2.0? Or the higher end workstations (which don't interest me as much because I want the synth goods as much as the sampler)?

Anyone have suggestions about where I might focus my attention? Should I just shut the off up and open my Omnisphere 2.5 and be done with it? Oh, Prophet X, you are a saucy temptress...

Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Nevermind, pulled the trigger. X on the way.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

check out Roland V-Synth
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search