The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Noise problem of Telefunken M15 recording
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Noise problem of Telefunken M15 recording

Hi guys
I meet problem when I use M15 to record music from DAC, this is what I met:
1, when I played WAV, APE or FLAC on my DAC, and used M15 to record the music, it's OK
2, when I played DSF file, and used M15 to record it, there is loud “Si~Si” noise in the background. Then I used software to trans the DSF to WAV on my computer and played the WAV on the DAC, the recording is OK
I played these file with same DAC and Software, could someone help me find out what is wrong with it?
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

It is the output gain of DSF file which caused this problem. The DAC output of DSF is 6dB higher than WAV and other file format. I connected my A700 deck to the output of DAC, and connected M15 to the output of A700, used A700 to control the input signal voltage of M15, then the "Si~Si" noise is gone.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search