The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Big Rooms In LA Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 25th October 2018
Here for the gear

Big Rooms In LA

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a studio with a big tracking room in LA for my up and coming project "Pan Rocks RUSH!" It is 40 steelpan players with Mike Portnoy on drums and produced by Matt Starr. We did our last sessions at Ocean Studios Burbank and would love to know of other studios similar in size and quality that might be a great fit. Here is a link to what we do to give you an idea.

YouTube

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would love to try and get to 606 if possible. Thanks in advance!

Tracy Thornton
panrocks
[email protected]

[quote]"Been Caught Stealing" by Pan Rocks! Featuring members of Jane's Addict
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Guru

I'd look at East West for the big Putnam room and JJPs former room at Ocean Way/United with the big Focusrite console. Sound City might be big enough too.
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Guru

For steel pans, it's not just the room, it's mics and stands, too. Just a guess, but you probably want at least 4 pairs of similar-sounding ribbon mics on Starbird stands. That many Starbirds in one place might be a tall order.
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Addict

Sound City A, Capitol A (plus B, if necessary) and Sony Scoring (if you can get in) all leap to mind.
Any of the scoring stages could likely handle it. Getting in can be an issue.
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Henson Studios.
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Sphere
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search