The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mackie VLZ3
Old 9th May 2007
Gear Maniac

Mackie VLZ3

Hi There,

I'm looking for a new to mixer replace my old 8buss which I've never been crazy about, I said that i would never go with mackie again but after reading a recent Sound on Sound review I'm seriously thinking about the VLZ3.

Hugh Robjohns from SOS said "it can stand proud among many high-end professional designs" and "Nipping at the heels of many high - end consoles"

Coming from a respected audio journalist I'm thinking this must be worth a look

Has anyone on here used the VLZ3 that can offer an opinion to its sound quality particularly anyone who's uses an high - end console

Cheers
Krisstoff
Old 10th May 2007
Gear Maniac

Any thoughts?
Old 21st July 2007
Gear Head

1642 vlz3?

I would like to hear from somebody with some hours on a vlz3. Its got the direct outs I like but I its either buy the mackie or use some of the stock pres in my 002r and get an fmr 2 channel pre line into 7 and 8 , in any case I need a true 8 channel into 002r solution that remains relatively versitle. Anyone with a comparably priced solution that sounds better let me know. Gratis
Old 21st July 2007
The "respected audio journalist" part is what intrigues me.
Old 21st July 2007
Lives for gear
The original VLZ series sounds awful. Built like tanks, but sound bad.

The Onyx series sound pretty nice. Haven't spend a whole lot of time with them though.

I haven't heard the VLZ3 series, but I imagine they will be closer to the VLZ than the Onyx.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search