The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue purchases Condenser Microphones
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Analogue purchases

Hi all, I have an opportunity to rent an acoustically treated/designed nice room but it’s bare bones and I will need to share it with another audio engineer. He has a serious speaker collection but limited outboard gear and what he does have is not very useful for my needs as it’s mostly on par with my own gear and also more aimed at surround 5.1 and VO.

I’ve got a CM6 mic, Apollo Twin and plenty of plugs.

I mix all ITB and get great mixes (at least my mum agrees...) lots of Jazz, soul, rock, even vocal tracking and mixing EDM.... however I love using analogue gear and have been wanting to include something in my set up that not only can be used in multiple ways, but looks great and most importantly sounds great. And something that can potentially be used for mastering.

I’ve looked into Tegeler audio and like idea of their stuff so I’m wondering what people have found to be the most useful and most valuable for multiple uses?

The Creme can be used for lots of applications as can their stereo comps etc

Have considered summing mixers but many opposing views on the value they actually add to a mix has me thinking I might be better off with a compressor or nice pre etc....

Or would a could of nice mics and or mic pres be more useful? A couple of ribbon mics and a Redd mic pre etc etc etc

Any opinions from those who have outboard gear and pro studio experience would be much appreciated!

Summary:

Analogue piece or pieces of gear that will add the best bang for buck in terms of sound.

Budget is around $5k

Needs to be usable for multiple applications like tracking, mixing, mastering or be a great buy (like a great mic or mic pre/Comp).

Sounds I love: warm, crunchy, vintage, coloured, but also appreciate superb clarity and pristine natural sound!

Last edited by Audiojesus; 4 days ago at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Spelling errors
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search