The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Used Scratch Removes on my Juno 106...left with a cloudy haze Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Used Scratch Removes on my Juno 106...left with a cloudy haze

Hi!

I bought a Juno 106 secondhand which was in really bad shape. Had to let it go for a good repair and its been working like a charm eversince. Only thing is that the outside had some ugly scratches and it was kinda bothering me.

Sooo...I recently bought this product called ''Meguiars Inc 7OZ LIQ ScratchX''. Apparently its mostly used for cars, but the description saying ''Totally save on ALL paint jobs'', I decided to take the risk and try it on some scratches metal frontpanel my Juno 106 to make it look a bit nicer. For this I applied it gently and used a microviber cloth to spread it gently across the scratches.
Good news....it did make it look more nicely and actually removed smaller scratches that were pretty apparent...bad news: I now have 2 cloudy hazes in return which become pretty obvious when you shine some light on them and its irritating me a lot.

Now, is there any way to remove these hazes? I read a lot of people using some sort of ''finisher'' after they used this Maguire Scratch, and that its quite standard to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Used Scratch Removes on my Juno 106...left with a cloudy haze-20180914_172630.jpg   Used Scratch Removes on my Juno 106...left with a cloudy haze-20180914_220448.jpg   Used Scratch Removes on my Juno 106...left with a cloudy haze-20180914_220506.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I have never tried this Meguiars stuff

I get decent results shining up my gear with Armor-all, which is not really a scratch remover, but just a polisher that gives you that "wet" look even when it dries. It works great on keyboards, amps, drums and especially anything made of vinyl. Perhaps this is the 'finisher' they are talking about?

You could try Armor-all on the hazy parts, maybe do it in an inconspicuous place first.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I have never tried this Meguiars stuff

I get decent results shining up my gear with Armor-all, which is not really a scratch remover, but just a polisher that gives you that "wet" look even when it dries. It works great on keyboards, amps, drums and especially anything made of vinyl. Perhaps this is the 'finisher' they are talking about?

You could try Armor-all on the hazy parts, maybe do it in an inconspicuous place first.
Thanks, can always give it a try. I do read it in the product information that it gives a 'shiny' polish which is ironicly something Im trying to avoid as well...a keyboard from the 80s doesnt really shine anymore lol.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoking View Post
Thanks, can always give it a try. I do read it in the product information that it gives a 'shiny' polish which is ironicly something Im trying to avoid as well...a keyboard from the 80s doesnt really shine anymore lol.
well give it a try on the bottom or something.
Armor-all does not last forever anyway. It needs to be reapplied, so if you don't like it, you can just let it fade away.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search