The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
LYNX ONE quality vs LYNX TWO AD/DA
Old 6th May 2007
Lives for gear

LYNX ONE quality vs LYNX TWO AD/DA

I was thinking of picking up a LYNX ONE off of ebay for relatively cheap. I do not need more than 2 inputs at a time, and definetly want to stay PCI.

Does the LYNX TWO have different technology or updated converters?
Old 6th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_gant View Post
I was thinking of picking up a LYNX ONE off of ebay for relatively cheap. I do not need more than 2 inputs at a time, and definetly want to stay PCI.

I can't answer your question but what I can say is that I use a LynxOne and I'm very happy with it. We all know that the world of recording music is about lots of little things to get that extra small edge in your sound. Well there was nothing small about my garduation from a Digi 001 to the LynxOne. The difference was phenomenal and massive, I was genuinely stunned. For the price you can pick these things up I reckon they are best bargains in pro-audio.
Old 6th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_gant View Post
Well...both. There is a 2 In/2 Out version with the same technology as LynxTWO. It is called Lynx L22. I have two LynxTWO-A's and also a LynxONE, but I haven't done any direct comparisons. One thing to note is that LynxONE only supports up to 48kHz on the analog inputs and outputs.

I think both cards are fantastic with excellent drivers and great support. I also agree with juicylime; LynxONE has to be one of the best bargains in pro audio.
Old 6th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is a 2 In/2 Out version with the same technology as LynxTWO.
Ooops- I see that now. I always use 24/44 due to CPU load. I guess picking up this card (LYNX ONE) is a no brainer. BTW- I have been using a delta 44 for 7 years now.
Old 6th May 2007
Gear Nut

Lynx two has upgraded ad/da. I use the lynx one as my PC interface; it was a substantial upgrade from the m-audio thing i was using at the time. When i got my mytek96 A/D recently, i compared the two. As expected, the mytek sounds better (more detailed, rich and thicker sound). Im thinking of upgrading my PCI card to the lynxtwo (mostly to get more inputs and better D/A), but I dont feel bad at all about using the lynxone in the mean time; it's AD/DA sound good. If you can get it for cheap, it is a no brainer for sure...
Old 7th May 2007
Lives for gear

Future OS support/drivers for Lynx One are not planned -- see the Lynx forum or contact Lynx to confirm.

This may not be an issue for you, but you should know.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search