The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
the suck button... Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 3rd March 2004
Gear Maniac

the suck button...

you've all seen the farside comic strip with the live sound guy and the 'suck button' right?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...hreadid=566403
Old 3rd March 2004
Gear Addict

I believe it was Lee Flier who reported she did something similar to the singer of a really obnoxious hair metal band she had to track once, and it sounded like they really deserved it.

I wish I had had that suck button back when I did live sound. Some jerks would have gotten it long before the encore.

Bear
Old 3rd March 2004
One with big hooves

Classic.

I should do that to a few bands...I just thought it was more fun and WAY more obvious to turn the monitors off.
Old 3rd March 2004
Lives for gear

heh

That's really funny! I only do live sound for my friends now though, so I couldn't get away with it- not that I'd have to or anything.

I can see some times in the past where a trick like that would have been really nice to do though.
Old 4th March 2004
Moderator emeritus

I found the responses from some of the musicians even more hilarious...

On the other hand, I went out to a showcase last night, and heard a sound guy who should have been bounced right out of the club, so there IS the other side as well...
Old 4th March 2004
One with big hooves

Last Friday night I went out to see one of the bands I've been working with at a club that's close to home that gets some national's through. The sound was horrible. Actually, just beyond horrible. Vocals were buried, kick & snare were way on top of the mix, you couldn't hear the one guitar player, piano was barely there...

It took everything I had to not walk over and choke the guy. So, I just decided to drink more and talk to the ladies and you know what?

It got a little bit better.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search