The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
3-Way Stereo Balanced Audio Splitter Adapter/Cable? Monitor Controllers
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

3-Way Stereo Balanced Audio Splitter Adapter/Cable?

Hello, all -

In search of 3-Way Stereo Balanced Audio Splitter Adapter/Cable.
That's 1 male to 3 female [sic] TRS.

Why? Too many monitoring options for my PreSonus Central Station, which only allows A, B, C speaker selection options. I want to put 3 different amp/speaker options on Central Station's "C" output. Only one amp will be on at any given time. Just to split the "C" output signal to 3 different amps.

2-way adapters/jacks/cables are widely available, but not so for 3-way. I found some 3-way ones for mini-jacks, though, but that won't work here.

(I realize I could also invest in a hardware audio switch, but that's more expensive, of course....but am considering that if it's best. Something like: RedCo OS41, although that's XLR...)

Any advice appreciated.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Are you any good with a soldering iron?
Old 5 days ago
I recently needed some odd configuration cables. I wound up going thru Redco because of a recommendation in a thread I started in the "Connectors, cables, stands and accessories" forum here on GS.

Here is a link to Redco's custom cable page, if you're interested. Or, you could call them during the week at the number in the top left of the same page.

Redco Audio - Audio/Video Supplies and Accessories, Custom Cables and Panels, and more

They say it usually takes 2 weeks to complete the order, but that depends on back log, etc. My custom cables were shipped in 12 days. The price was less than I thought it would be and the cables were perfect.

Hope this helps.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidlab View Post
Are you any good with a soldering iron?
Fairly good...but not sure how to achieve a neat result in terms of the insulation of the result, other than using a lot of electrical tape...?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
I recently needed some odd configuration cables. I wound up going thru Redco because of a recommendation in a thread I started in the "Connectors, cables, stands and accessories" forum here on GS.

Hope this helps.
Good idea. I shall speak with RedCo. I've bought all my custom patch panels, Neutrik connectors, etc. through RedCo; all have been excellent.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presocratic View Post
Fairly good...but not sure how to achieve a neat result in terms of the insulation of the result, other than using a lot of electrical tape...?
heat shrink the terminals and cable ends after the connector
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
maybe i’m just not understanding the problem, but couldn’t you sort this out with a pair of radial proms2’s and a few xlr-to-trs cables.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by themiracle View Post
maybe i’m just not understanding the problem, but couldn’t you sort this out with a pair of radial proms2’s and a few xlr-to-trs cables.
Just checked those out...they seem to be for mics, though perhaps they work fine with line-level signal also...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I just found this option through my on-line searching:

Galaxy Audio JIB/S 4-way 1/4" Splitter
Galaxy Audio JIB/S Splitter

This unit splits a single balanced TRS input to 4 balanced TRS outputs. A pair of these would do the job for stereo. Around $30 each.
Might go this route, or go a bit more expensive for a simple switcher instead of just a splitter.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Just checked those out...they seem to be for mics, though perhaps they work fine with line-level signal also...
I use mine with line level signal all the time.

Quote:
I just found this option through my on-line searching:

Galaxy Audio JIB/S 4-way 1/4" Splitter
Galaxy Audio JIB/S Splitter

This unit splits a single balanced TRS input to 4 balanced TRS outputs. A pair of these would do the job for stereo. Around $30 each.
Might go this route, or go a bit more expensive for a simple switcher instead of just a splitter.
Handles balanced signal so it seems like it would do the trick for less.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search