The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL CLON Compressor Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 12th August 2018
SSL CLON Compressor

Hello friends of good football, I'm interested in an SSL G clone

I've listened to Gyraf and I liked it, but I'm having trouble getting it. I heard a comparison of Gyraf with the original and I liked the Gyraf even more.
Of these three qubé reference do you have?

Which one seems best of these three?

Audio Scape SSL
Gyraf GSSL
STAM

Thanks for the comments, greetings
Old 12th August 2018
Compressor

Having said that
* I was looking at the Audio Scape page !!
And I came across this:

D-Comp Stereo Limiter — AudioScape
Old 12th August 2018
Lives for gear

I am building the GSSL from gyraf now. I didn't have any trouble getting it, just took a few weeks.
Old 13th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy presents View Post
I am building the GSSL from gyraf now. I didn't have any trouble getting it, just took a few weeks.
GOOD NEWS!,

How is this? Did you entrust it to Gyraf?

Thanks

Last edited by Emiliano; 13th August 2018 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: Traslater
Old 13th August 2018
I've built a gssl from gyrafe. Took me two days...and I didn't have any experience with this stuff at the time.
very very good compressor. I love it.
Built several others since than.

Cheers
Old 13th August 2018
Gear Addict
I've recently got in touch with Chris, from Audioscape, because among the three this one appears to be the best rate between appreciation and speed in having the unit ready to go. Chris has replied me in few minutes and I will certainly buy from him (people who interacted with me here on GS know that I am not affiliated with any brand / constructor), I am interested especially in his bus compressor (SSL clone).
I think the sound quality between Stam and Scape could be narrow, nobody has still compared the two directly, but the Scape seems to fool everybody out, that's why I want it too!
On the other hand, if you want a Stam you could have to wait (I'm not sure if and for how long).
I know nothing about the gyrafs.
Old 13th August 2018
Lives for gear

You being in Argentina, STAM from Chile?

Matti
Old 13th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
GOOD NEWS!,

How is this? Did you entrust it to Gyraf?

Thanks
Hi Emiliano, i am not sure what you mean by entrust. I just bought the kit online from PCB Grinder using my credit card. I got the whole kit including the enclosure and i have had two 4 hour sessions assembling so far with maybe another 4 to go. I am trying to get it all right and be very neat with my soldering so I'm probably a bit slower than some people. My wife is scared it wont work.
Old 14th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
Having said that
* I was looking at the Audio Scape page !!
And I came across this:

D-Comp Stereo Limiter — AudioScape
Audio Scape makes great tools. I have their take on an La2a. Love it. That new comp looks serious. Gonna look into that.
Old 15th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
You being in Argentina, STAM from Chile?

Matti
Yes im in Argentina, god data,
thanks
Old 15th August 2018
Quote:
Hi Emiliano, i am not sure what you mean by entrust. I just bought the kit online from PCB Grinder using my credit card. I got the whole kit including the enclosure and i have had two 4 hour sessions assembling so far with maybe another 4 to go. I am trying to get it all right and be very neat with my soldering so I'm probably a bit slower than some people. My wife is scared it wont work.
Haha, no, it's the translation, it's not trusting is place the order, sory for the inglish, What an adventure! good vibes with thatYing Yang
Old 26th August 2018
Quote:
Farmboy
Where did you buy the kit?
Could you post some pictures?
Thanks very much

haaa i look now PCB Grinder

Last edited by Emiliano; 26th August 2018 at 05:37 PM..
Old 27th August 2018
I love my audio-scape SSL Buss Comp!
The color is nice and the compression is just...that punchy sound that SSL is known for and thats the vein I see all the clones live in.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search