The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dave Smith Mopho Desktop vs Mopho keys
Old 26th July 2018
Here for the gear

Dave Smith Mopho Desktop vs Mopho keys

hi all, can someone help me out, is there a difference between the desktop Dave Smith Mopho and the keys version...besides the keys..have come across a desktop Mopho for a good price, i have an Axiom Pro controller keyboard i am assuming i could control it with...so whats the difference, if any...thanx in advance, probs gonna buy it cos price so good, love the sound and first came across a band with a dude using a desktop version with a tiny behringer keyboard controller, nothing small about that sound though..i was mixing..put a lot of it through the 1200w Sub, frankly blew my mind, decided then and there that i would possess one one day 'my precious' have been wondering for a while now if there is a difference..any contributions welcome...thanx in advance
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Nut

I have both the Mopho SE and Mopho module and the biggest difference is
ease of editing the sound. It is fairly easy on the Mopho SE, but not the
Mopho (editing from the front panel, maybe there is a software from DSI).

Regardless the DSI Mopho sounds does not gel with my Dreadbox Abyss
so I am going to put both DSIs up for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenmore View Post
hi all, can someone help me out, is there a difference between the desktop Dave Smith Mopho and the keys version...besides the keys..have come across a desktop Mopho for a good price, i have an Axiom Pro controller keyboard i am assuming i could control it with...so whats the difference, if any...thanx in advance, probs gonna buy it cos price so good, love the sound and first came across a band with a dude using a desktop version with a tiny behringer keyboard controller, nothing small about that sound though..i was mixing..put a lot of it through the 1200w Sub, frankly blew my mind, decided then and there that i would possess one one day 'my precious' have been wondering for a while now if there is a difference..any contributions welcome...thanx in advance
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search