The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitor Controller Help Please Monitor Controllers
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Monitor Controller Help Please

Hello Everyone,
My presonus monitor station v1 just broken doesnt works anymore.
I try to search new controller cause i used 10 years my presonus ms v1.

I found 3 diffrent device for my PMC Result 6 Also i use Antelope Audio Discrete 4

1 - Presonus Monitor Station V2
2- SPL 2 Control
3 - Behringer Monitor 2

I loved Behringer Monitor 2 and little confused for the behringer.

The specs sames like spl but as you know Behringer quality

Please Check the specs if not diffrence so far i would like to buy behringer.

If presonus better than behringer, i ll prefer behringer, If you tell me Spl big diffrence, i ll buy Spl.

Spl:
https://spl.audio/wp-content/uploads..._2861_BA_E.pdf

Presonus:
Monitor Station V2 | Tech Specs | PreSonus

Behringer:
https://imagescdn.juno.co.uk/manual/634264-01U.pdf

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

No anyone
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Mackie Big Knob range is worth a look.

I have the Passive version - balanced I/O - totally transparent.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

i hear it and mixed some track before with bk i would prefer xlr i0. 2. opt presonus as i think but i wanted to ask users.
what is your sound cart and monitors bro ?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

i actually interest PreSonus Monitor Station V2 and Behringer Monitor 2 comparsion and reviews
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by usoygur View Post
i would prefer xlr i0.
Okay, but why? What's the difference between XLR or balanced TRS jacks? Same thing, no? Just use different cables, or even an adapter?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Behringer Monitor2USB is a fine choice. Solid build (metal casing) 2 XLR balanced input pairs + USB input, effectively 3 inputs. 2 stereo out pairs, 1 mono out. Nice big knob to control the VCA volume. Mute, Dim, Mono buttons. Two independent volume headphone outputs and a headphone "widening" feature that can be engaged.

I have been using mine for about 1 year. Would certainly do it again. Currently some refurbished units on eBay for $105 US. Excellent value at $149 from Sweetwater and others.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
I have the Behringer Monitor1. It's passive and sounds great.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Did you hear any coloring, how is the clearity ? I really need all details

Thank you so much for your interest and replys
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

No anyone reply ? i need user comments,colored or loses ? I would believe the device guys
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

You're thinking about it too much. Just get a name-brand controller with decent build quality. If you need balanced jacks, buy accordingly.
Old 6 days ago
SLL
Gear Maniac

I'm in the same position....

Can't decide between:
- Mackie Big Knob studio+
- Drawmer CMC3 (when it goes on sale..., hopefully soon)

Should be a step up from the Behringer controller in price and quality. But I guess not too expensive. The Drawmer controllers, should have a clean sound path without coloring the sound. Not sure about the durability in the long run. But the build quality should be fine on both my mentioned models.
The Mackie have mic preamps which I could use for my Rode NT2. The DA converter + driver is probably better on the Drawmer, not sure.

I would not put my money on a Behringer product, when it comes to a monitor controller. Even those controllers I have mentioned, probably
will have their problems. And if you go even cheaper on a Behringer controller, I wouldn't trust the sound quality and durability of it. Behringer
could be a surprise, just working fine in the long run. But my own experience say, that all "cheaper" controllers will fail after 1-2 years, especially
when we're talking volume knob, where I've read about the most problems.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
Behringer hardware suffers from "ancient history" problems. I have been using "new" Behringer hardware for 5 years now - absolutely no problems. Maybe you're all thinking about the early 2000's.

Zero problems. Great price. Good support. Build quality is superior to any of the M-Audio gear I have. Devices have outlasted the Focusrite gear I started with.

Sound quality is fine. Need to cite reference to problems in Behringer gear post 2014...everything before that is due for a refresh anyway ;-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search